Could Jon Garland win 200 games?

korntownballa

QUOTE(korntownballa @ May 31, 2006 -> 10:01 AM)
He's never been UNHEALTHY.

And he's won at least 12 games for 4 consecutive years and this year he shall extend that streak to 5 years. I'd say that's pretty consistent.

Injuries happen to pitchers, it is a fact of life. There is nothing to say he couldn't have something go wrong tomorrow. There is a reason there are only just over 100 guys who have ever done it.

QUOTE(korntownballa @ May 31, 2006 -> 10:55 AM)
Lmfao. How is that a fact when Garland's never been injured in his baseball career? How is that a fact when Maddux has never been on the DL? Please tell me moron.

Ah namecalling. Great argument there. Enjoy your time off.

QUOTE(korntownballa @ May 31, 2006 -> 10:55 AM)
Lmfao. How is that a fact when Garland's never been injured in his baseball career? How is that a fact when Maddux has never been on the DL? Please tell me moron.

PS while you are bored, read up here and tell me how many pitchers are hurt.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/injuries

If Ozzie were to pull the head of the 05 Garland out of Garland's ass and replace his current head with that one...and keep the 05 Garland head on that body for the next 10-15 years, Garland could push 300, not just 200, if he stays healthy. But right now that just doesn't look likely enough.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ May 31, 2006 -> 10:53 AM)
It is possible, but the bigger question is how many wins can Buehrle rack up?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ummmmmmmmm,

I've never been in a car crash. Does that mean they never happen?

QUOTE(korntownballa @ May 31, 2006 -> 11:55 AM)

Calling admins moron's is the smartest things I've seen in ages.

Yeah it's quite possible. If he stays with good teams and stays healthy he'll be the kind of guy who will win 12 a year. Never dominating but good enough to win and give some quality starts. I think his size and mechanics will keep him healthy barring a freak injury. Jon has alwyas been consistent and is ready to go every 5 days.

QUOTE(MSHAWKS @ May 31, 2006 -> 11:36 AM)
One day Garland might have the dubious disticntion of becoming the first 200 game winner with a career era over 5.00

Doubtful, I'd look at his current career ERA (4.53) as where he'll be around the rest of his career. I think last year's ERA was a bit of a fluke and expect more of a lower 4 ERA for his peak years. By the end of this year he'll have it below 4.5

A career around 200-150 is possible. Watching him, and realizing he's just 26 and probably reaching his prime the next year or two, leads me to believe he could. Although I'm thinking somewhere around 150 wins. He will have a nice career, win more than he loses, and retire a wealthy man. Champonship teams needa few guys like that.