GAME THREAD 6-11-06 SOX vs INDIANS

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Ndgt10 @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 08:06 PM)
Ozuna has won more games for us than Pods has.

And he'd lose more games than he'd win if he were the everday LF. He's incredibly valuable as a bench player, he's just awesome. I dislike Pods as much as anyone but there's no way I'd like to see Pablo starting in LF over Pods everyday.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 09:09 PM)
Instead of Pods or Ozuna, can I take option C next year, which is Josh Fields in LF?

Is Fields even playing LF yet? If not, I would think that he should have more time practicing out there than the start of next year.

QUOTE(Ndgt10 @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 01:10 AM)
Freddy pitching in the world baseball classic must be a factor in his poor velocity this season. Although he is hitting 92-93 tonight.

The Cell gun has him much lower tonight (that's been more accurate than any of the other guns this year). I highly doubt Garcia's fastball is at 95, and his change is at 87 (which ESPN is saying).

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 09:09 PM)
Instead of Pods or Ozuna, can I take option C next year, which is Josh Fields in LF?

Had I not watched BA struggle so mightily as a first year starting OFer, I'd agree 1000%...Now I'm a little gunshy about throwing a rook into the fire. But Fields definately won't be kept away very long.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 01:10 AM)
Is Fields even playing LF yet? If not, I would think that he should have more time practicing out there than the start of next year.

If they're considering it, he'll get his time in Winter Ball, etc. It's not like we need him to replace a Gold Glover in the outfield.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 09:13 PM)
Well, not like Pods and his awesome 250ish average is doing wonders for us in the leadoff slot right now.

No, but his .357 OBP is doing a lot.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 07:13 PM)
Well, not like Pods and his awesome 250ish average is doing wonders for us in the leadoff slot right now.

He has the 2nd most walks on the team and a .357 OBP which is incredible considering his awful start coming off of the injury.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 01:11 AM)
Had I not watched BA struggle so mightily as a first year starting OFer, I'd agree 1000%...Now I'm a little gunshy about throwing a rook into the fire. But Fields definately won't be kept away very long.

I've talked to people who see a ton of Knights games, and the reports I hear are that Fields swing is much shorter and MLB ready than Anderson's ever was.

I've talked to people who see a ton of Knights games, and the reports I hear are that Fields swing is much shorter and MLB ready than Anderson's ever was.

How could it be any longer than Anderson's swing?