GAME THREAD 6-11-06 SOX vs INDIANS

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 07:12 PM)
If they're considering it, he'll get his time in Winter Ball, etc. It's not like we need him to replace a Gold Glover in the outfield.

But we'll need to replace a leadoff hitter and there is nobody on the team equiped to handle the leadoff duty.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 09:12 PM)
If they're considering it, he'll get his time in Winter Ball, etc. It's not like we need him to replace a Gold Glover in the outfield.

Thats true, but I don't think we'd get more defense than Pablo out there if we rushed Fields like that.

I'm not sure how so many still favor a leadoff guy who a)cant bunt for s***, b)doesnt know how to keep the ball on the ground when hitting, c)cant play defense for s***, and d)has a noodle arm.

Oh thats right, he sure can steal bases!! Awesome.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 01:15 AM)
But we'll need to replace a leadoff hitter and there is nobody on the team equiped to handle the leadoff duty.

When you have our 3-4-5, speed isn't that important at the top of the order. It will be a tough decision though, as I'm sure Ozzie wants to keep playing small ball. I don't see them getting rid of Pods though, so this is probably just a never-ending scenario.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 07:16 PM)
When you have our 3-4-5, speed isn't that important at the top of the order. It will be a tough decision though, as I'm sure Ozzie wants to keep playing small ball. I don't see them getting rid of Pods though, so this is probably just a never-ending scenario.

WHere is the .357 OBP gonna come from? Who are you planning on supplying that in the leadoff spot?

QUOTE(shoota @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 01:16 AM)
How has Freddy won 7 games?

He's found a way to keep teams in more than half of his games to 3 runs or less. The team has also given him solid run support...and he's had good success against the lesser hitting teams we've faced.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 11:16 AM)
I'm not sure how so many still favor a leadoff guy who a)cant bunt for s***, b)doesnt know how to keep the ball on the ground when hitting, c)cant play defense for s***, and d)has a noodle arm.

C'mon Cap. Pods has a GB/FB % of 50.9% this season. granted it's down for his 56% from last season, but it's still alright.

We all know he's terrible defensively, but that shouldn't factor into his success as a leadoff hitter.

QUOTE(shoota @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 07:16 PM)
How has Freddy won 7 games?

Beacuse he has given up 3 runs or less in 9 of his 12 starts? :huh

Does anybody here like the players on our team except for our 3-4-5 and Jose? I mean seriously.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 08:18 PM)
He's found a way to keep teams in more than half of his games to 3 runs or less. The team has also given him solid run support...and he's had good success against the lesser hitting teams we've faced.

That sounds about right. It certainly wasn't because of his dominance.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 09:16 PM)

I don't really know who you suggest to replace him. Ozuna? Ha! Fields? Haha!

Pods isn't doing terrible considering his horrid start, and didn't he have a really big hit yesterday or the day before? (I haven't been able to see any Sox games since last Monday or so)

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 08:19 PM)
Beacuse he has given up 3 runs or less in 9 of his 12 starts? :huh

Does anybody here like the players on our team except for our 3-4-5 and Jose? I mean seriously.

Criticism does not equal hatred.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 07:20 PM)
Criticism does not equal hatred.

There is plenty of "I dislike Pods, but..." "I dislike Freddy, but..."

There is a difference between criticism and whining about everything a player does wrong.