GAME THREAD 6-11-06 SOX vs INDIANS

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 09:25 PM)
This great OBP you guys keep harping about for Pods currently ranks him 9th out of the 14 normal starting leadoff hitters....thats supposed to be his saving grace?

No, but its not a horrible OBP. You mention his .250-something average, which means nothing, so people (including myself) mention his respectable OBP (which is better than the one he had last year, as is his OPS).

Also, since April 15th (after his horrible start), his line has been .298/.399/.440, which is impressive. His defense isn't any good, but compared to any replacement that we have, its far superior.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 08:28 PM)
I'm not saying you should give them the benefit of the doubt because of 05. You should give them the benefit of the doubt because they play for "your" team.

At least that's what I thoguht it meant to be a fan. But whatever.

Um, f*** that. If they're not going to produce why should I give them the benefit of the doubt? That's makes no sense, I personally root for laundry and a few players (all of whom contribute in some way). If a player sucks but he's on the Sox I'm not going to just blindly love them, that's the definition of a Cubs fan.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 09:26 PM)
He's allowing a s*** load of baserunners and some how keeping them from scoring, you can't get away with that forever. I refuse to give players the benifit of the doubt for the rest of their careers because of one season, it's '06 everything starts over new.

Coming into the 5th inning...last 3.5 games for Freddy, hes carrying a 1.80 WHIP. I'm not hating on Freddy here, just stating a fact...you won't always work your way out of that.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 07:30 PM)
Um, f*** that. If they're not going to produce why should I give them the benefit of the doubt? That's makes no sense, I personally root for laundry and a few players (all of whom contribute in some way). If a player sucks but he's on the Sox I'm not going to just blindly love them, that's the definition of a Cubs fan.

So you are a fan of players who do well. Okay, to each his own I guess. I'm a fan of the white sox, not individual players.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 09:30 PM)
No, but its not a horrible OBP. You mention his .250-something average, which means nothing, so people (including myself) mention his respectable OBP (which is better than the one he had last year, as is his OPS).

Also, since April 15th (after his horrible start), his line has been .298/.399/.440, which is impressive. His defense isn't any good, but compared to any replacement that we have, its far superior.

Oh, I agree we have no better option right now....just hate that Pods is a 1 tool player that most don't mind being our leadoff hitter.

Way to f***ing go Garcia, can you let any more of your many walks score??

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 01:33 AM)
How can you be so awesome in April, so terrible in May, and so aweswome in June.

Can't we just flip that around, and it's the same for Podsednik? Anyways, Martinez has always been a streaky hitter, and we're throwing him a lot of fastballs to crush.

Anyone one of you guys listenting to these ESPN morons talking about who Kronk is, please don't believe them. Kronk is not the name of Eddie Murphy's character in Shrek. His name is simply Donkey. Kronk is a character in Emperor's New Groove. His voice was played by the guy that played Elaine's boyfriend (one of them), Puddy, in Seinfeld. I can't recall the guys real name. Don't listen to these two morons.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 09:34 PM)
Oh, I agree we have no better option right now....just hate that Pods is a 1 tool player that most don't mind being our leadoff hitter.

Way to f***ing go Garcia, can you let any more of your many walks score??

After his horrible start to the year, he's had a .399 OBP. What else do you want from your leadoff hitter?

Wtf is going on... goddamn Garcia.