And thats a Cubs loser

zygoat

Sad thing is, tomorrow is their best chance to win, with Carlos Marmol, a kid with (I think) 2 career starts, on the mound.

What a pathetic team that is, and yet they won't fire their lame-duck, sleeping poor excuse for a manager.

They get what they deserve as long as they keep Baker around. He's lost control of (and interest in) that team.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 05:51 PM)
If anyone was expecting the Flubbs to win against the Tigers they are going to be disappointed. They are far more likely to throw the series just so they can stick it to the White Sox.

They don't have to throw anything. They're plenty bad enough when they actually try. I never thought they would be worse than the Pirates.

marmol has 2 relief apearances and one start.... hopefully there isn't a good scouting report on him yet...

and I'm pretty sure Barrets suspension just started... they probably should of started it sooner because as soon as they put him on the bench mister batting under .100 blanco started knocking the cover off the ball.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 09:17 PM)
When's that jag Barrett going to serve his suspension?

The result of the appeal is supposed to be announced next week. Fine by me, I want his bat in there against the Tigers, Blanco is an automatic out.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jun 17, 2006 -> 01:57 PM)
He does? I'm no Dusty Baker fan. But Mr. Jim Hendry has given him little-to-nothing to work with pitching wise.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jun 17, 2006 -> 01:59 PM)
Who? :huh

You posed the problem implying there was a solution.

Jerome Williams is the best option, and he's currently in AAA. IMO, he should have Rusch's spot and Rusch should be released.

But in a year when postseason play is very unlikely, even Rich Hill and Juan Guzman are better options than Rusch because it'd help them evaluate their future roles in the organization.

Edited by shoota

QUOTE(shoota @ Jun 17, 2006 -> 02:31 PM)
Jerome Williams is the best option, and he's currently in AAA. IMO, he should have Rusch's spot and Rusch should be released.

But in a year when postseason play is very unlikely, even Rich Hill and Juan Guzman are better options than Rusch because it'd help them evaluate their future roles in the organization.

This Jerome Williams?(this years ML stats for Jerome williams)

If I were Dusty (*shudder*) I would take my chances with Glendon Rusch.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 17, 2006 -> 02:36 PM)
This Jerome Williams?(this years ML stats for Jerome williams)

If I were Dusty (*shudder*) I would take my chances with Glendon Rusch.

Yeah, those stats show what a bad 12 innings he had in April, and explain why he was demoted to AAA. At this point in the season, there are a few reasons why Williams is the better option than Rusch. One being the performaces of Rusch, another being his expiring contract, and also Williams's contract status and age.

I can see why you'd disagree with Williams being a better option that Rusch, but Guzman and Hill are two other options in the organization. Dusty Baker has choices, and I don't believe Glendon Rusch is the best option.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 04:39 PM)
Sad thing is, tomorrow is their best chance to win, with Carlos Marmol, a kid with (I think) 2 career starts, on the mound.

What a pathetic team that is, and yet they won't fire their lame-duck, sleeping poor excuse for a manager.

They get what they deserve as long as they keep Baker around. He's lost control of (and interest in) that team.

Carlos Marmol will be better than any Sox pitcher in a couple of years you can bet on that. I HATE the Cubs because Im a Die Hard Cardinals fan but Marmol is my favorite pitcher in the league because he has a cannon for an arm and is so poise and has a great curveball with an upper 90's fastball. Carlos Marmol will be the Rookie-Of the-Year.

QUOTE(The-Legend-Of-Pujols @ Jun 17, 2006 -> 08:45 PM)
Carlos Marmol will be better than any Sox pitcher in a couple of years you can bet on that. I HATE the Cubs because Im a Die Hard Cardinals fan but Marmol is my favorite pitcher in the league because he has a cannon for an arm and is so poise and has a great curveball with an upper 90's fastball. Carlos Marmol will be the Rookie-Of the-Year.

Wow....this might become a legendary post. What day should I plan Marmol's Hall of Fame acceptance speech?