Not Junior Again...

CanOfCorn

It's on their Insider site, so I don't want to post, but it basically has the White Sox interested in Ken Griffey, Jr. again.

Why, oh why, would we want Junior now. we would have him for another two-and-a-half years, and have BA, Sweeney and Owens on the way. What is the point? I know we've wanted him in the past, but let it go.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Jun 17, 2006 -> 12:18 AM)
To be honest this whole trade winds is a waste of time...the moves KW makes are never even close to the rumors we post.

Thome and Vazquez were as well as Junior except that was nixed at the last second by Cincy.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 11:48 PM)
Why, oh why, would we want Junior now. we would have him for another two-and-a-half years, and have BA, Sweeney and Owens on the way. What is the point? I know we've wanted him in the past, but let it go.

Oh don't worry, Griffey would just be on the DL, so there would still be room for Sweeney and Owens.

From the N.Y Daily News;

But those who know him best, know how much spending quality time with his family means to him now, doubt seriously he would approve a deal to the White Sox - the team most often mentioned in trade discussions because of their need for a center fielder - since they train in Tucson. On the other hand, the Yankees, one of the few teams who could afford to pick up his contract, are only an hour away in Tampa in the spring.

It is still wierd to me that KGJ would be so against playing for the Sox only because they train in Tampa. Its about the ring, not the location of Spring Training. If he doesnt understand that, he doesnt need to be on the White Sox and I dont want him on the White Sox.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 06:16 AM)
It is still wierd to me that KGJ would be so against playing for the Sox only because they train in Tampa. Its about the ring, not the location of Spring Training. If he doesnt understand that, he doesnt need to be on the White Sox and I dont want him on the White Sox.

C'mon kyyle, you've got to respect a man for putting family first over a ring. I understand that's what these guys play for, but at some point, you have to realize that your family lasts forever, while your playing career doesn't.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Jun 17, 2006 -> 03:48 AM)
It's on their Insider site, so I don't want to post, but it basically has the White Sox interested in Ken Griffey, Jr. again.

It could happen for sure, but I don't think it will. The Reds may actually consider themselves in the running in their division and why do we pick up a bazillion dollars in salary?

I believe the deal was Chris Young, Casey Rogowski and a third prospect for Griffey and all the money he's owed.

I'll tell you, if we're serious about getting Griffey, we could get him. Not now, not with Cincy making waves in the (surprisingly weak?) NL Central, but looking at their bullpen I can't imagine they stay in that race for too much longer, and Griffey is a guy they'd like to move for a variety of factors (age, injury prone, making a boatload of money and he's past his prime).

It'd probably take Sweeney (or Fields, though they have Encarnacion), Rogowski, and Liotta or Broadway.