Official Ozzie/Mariotti Thread

gojimthome

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 03:45 PM)
Winning doesn't last forever. Offending people left and right and using lame excuses will eventually lead you into very hot water. I really think if this was anybody but Marriotti we are talking about now, it would be even a bigger deal, not grounds for dismissal, but it seems to me Ozzie keeps pushing the envelope farther and farther.

And who do you want to manage the sox. You want sleepy back. So he can sleep through another home run by Crede being called a foul ball.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 03:45 PM)
It would be better if Jay would just get fired and go away.

All this publicity has pushed that day even farther back. It will be interesting to see how Marriotti tries to keep the momentum of all of this going. He's going to be baiting Ozzie even more now.

QUOTE(beautox @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 03:48 PM)
I can't wait for PTI, Tony and Mike both hate Jay, but im sure on ATH everyone will be coddling this fool.

ATH is a tool show. You have members of the hated media all together. Skip Bayless and his fake bake. Woody, who outside of a bartender at cheers or a bad disney doll goes by woody anymore. And then Kotex boy.

The entire show is based on which tool can mouth over the preceding tool.

QUOTE(WinningUgly85 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 03:39 PM)
This really pisses me off. When Marriotti says some insulting things about or staff and players he doesn't get suspeneded. Even though it wasn't as far as what Guillen stated but never the less I hold Marriotti to blame. Everyone knows Guillens a loose cannon and the media thrills into prompting him to say these outragous things. Marriotti should be in the same boat if you ask me.

Jay can insult the hell out of the Sox and Ozzie so eloquently, so to speak. That's his job...he's a writer. Isn't calling someone out of control and crazy just as slanderous as anythign ozzie has said??

Ozzie isn't a writer he is a baseball player with what I would guess is a pretty limited education. His insults are more raw and offensive. Ozzie didn't say this to be offensive to gays. It's absolutely nuts to me that if he says "pussy" or "asshole" instead of f.a.g, we're not even having this conversation. Take it for what the intent was...not what the PC crowd wants to make it out to be.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 03:46 PM)
And who do you want to manage the sox. You want sleepy back. So he can sleep through another home run by Crede being called a foul ball.

I'm not saying that. I'm just telling you if this continues and Ozzie keeps calling people politically incorrect names and just saying whatever he wants, eventually the White Sox aren't going to be able to protect him, and their hands are going to be tied as to what they can do about it.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 03:50 PM)
ATH is a tool show. You have members of the hated media all together. Skip Bayless and his fake bake. Woody, who outside of a bartender at cheers or a bad disney doll goes by woody anymore. And then Kotex boy.

:lolhitting , there is so much anger in this thread.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 03:50 PM)
Jay can insult the hell out of the Sox and Ozzie so eloquently, so to speak. That's his job...he's a writer. Isn't calling someone out of control and crazy just as slanderous as anythign ozzie has said??

Ozzie isn't a writer he is a baseball player with what I would guess is a pretty limited education. His insults are more raw and offensive. Ozzie didn't say this to be offensive to gays. It's absolutely nuts to me that if he says "pussy" or "asshole" instead of f.a.g, we're not even having this conversation. Take it for what the intent was...not what the PC crowd wants to make it out to be.

thank you :cheers

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 04:50 PM)

Skip Bayless isn't on ATH.

He's on 1st and 10.

wow. your version of the White Sox front office would look something like this...

Jerry: "What's the deal with Ozzie? He's got us in first place, but he's got a potty mouth."

Kenny: "Gee, Mr. Reinsdorf, let's check ESPN to see what the fans all over the country, especially on the East Coast, think."

Jerry: "Great idea! To the information super-highway!"

JR and KW skip over to Jerry's desk. They open ESPN.com's SportsNation poll to see what the fans really think of Ozzie.

Jerry: "My goodness, this isn't very good."

Kenny: "Shucks, what should we do?"

Jerry: "Isn't it obvious? We have to fire him. ESPN never had a poll about Jerry Manuel or Terry Bevington, so see if they are available. Also, see what Cito's up to while you're at it.

Kenny: "Uh oh, look at that link."

KW points to a link entitled, "Chisox' Pierzynski voted most hated player."

Jerry: "Good call, trade him for a bag of potatoes while you're at it... oh and ESPN thought Don Cooper should be in New York, so can him as well and get Cashman on the phone to see if he can help them out."

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 03:51 PM)
I'm not saying that. I'm just telling you if this continues and Ozzie keeps calling people politically incorrect names and just saying whatever he wants, eventually the White Sox aren't going to be able to protect him, and their hands are going to be tied as to what they can do about it.

Their hands will be too heavy with rings to be tied.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 03:53 PM)
wow. your version of the White Sox office would look something like this...

Jerry: "What's the deal with Ozzie? He's got us in first place, but he's got a potty mouth."

Kenny: "Gee, Mr. Reinsdorf, let's check ESPN to see what the fans all over the country, especially on the East Coast, think."

JR and KW skip over to Jerry's desk. They open ESPN.com's SportsNation poll to see what the fans really think of Ozzie.

Jerry: "Isn't it obvious? We have to fire him. ESPN never had a poll about Jerry Manuel or Terry Bevington, so see if they are available. Also, see what Cito's up to while you're at it.

Jerry: "Good call, trade him for a bag of potatoes while you're at it... oh and ESPN thought Don Cooper should be in New York, so can him as well and get Cashman on the phone to see if he can help them out."

LMFAO, that's some funny s*** :lolhitting

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 03:53 PM)
wow. your version of the White Sox front office would look something like this...

hahaha :notworthy

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 03:51 PM)

The only way Ozzie is replaced as manager are the following scenarios.

1.) Aliens park their ship over the Cell and take the man approaching the mound making a wide sign for bobby jenks.

2.) Lighting strikes Ozzie on his way to the mound to replace a pitcher.

3.) We suddenly suck for a few years.

4.) He gets arrested for murder or gambling.

5.) He quits.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 02:50 PM)

How can anyone watch that show for more than two minutes? I tried once and couldn't It's a garbage show on a garbage network.

QUOTE(Colorado Sox Fan @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 03:57 PM)
How can anyone watch that show for more than two minutes? I tried once and couldn't It's a garbage show on a garbage network.

Personally i use it for therapeutic reasons.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 03:56 PM)
The only way Ozzie is replaced as manager are the following scenarios.

1.) Aliens park their ship over the Cell and take the man approaching the mound making a wide sign for bobby jenks.

2.) Lighting strikes Ozzie on his way to the mound to replace a pitcher.

3.) We suddenly suck for a few years.

4.) He gets arrested for murder or gambling.

5.) He quits.

or his hemorrhoids explode during the first inning of a game, and he slowly dies from the loss of blood and his feces getting in said bloodstream.

it could happen...

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 03:21 PM)
LOL, fired?

Are you kidding me?

No way in hell the Sox are going to do much if anything except maybe tell Ozzie to keep his mouth shut for a few weeks.

Yep, what a stupid ass poll. But hey, it's ESPN, so no surprise there.

Also, as much as I pretty much disagree with everything Ozzie says outside of baseball, if he were fired for THIS, I'd have to find a new team because that would be bull s***.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 03:48 PM)
All this publicity has pushed that day even farther back. It will be interesting to see how Marriotti tries to keep the momentum of all of this going. He's going to be baiting Ozzie even more now.

Im nominating this for post of the day. Thats all Mariotti is doing, and some of the other idiots (jealous) who continue to come out of the woodwork and try to pile-on when they think they have a chance to make Ozzie or the Sox look bad. Ozzie would be wise to just ignore this clown, and concentrate on who hes going to call from the bullpen. This is a minor story that has gotten bigger thanks to the Sox haters in the media. SOX FANS NOT BITING THIS TIME