Official Ozzie/Mariotti Thread

gojimthome

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 04:41 PM)

Yeah, I looked it up already. I can't believe people actually watch that. No offense to you if you watch it, but IMO, that woody paige and moronotti don't have a clue of what they're talking about. All they do is shout and try to get any attention that they can. And as long as they get attention, they will be around.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 04:40 PM)
Everybody knows that this is the best thing to ever happen to Marriotti right? He's getting more attention than ever, will get more readers than ever, and is making Ozzie look bad in the minds of all non-Sox fans. In terms of this little feud, Marriotti wins big time in this exchange, despite how much we all hate him, he outsmarted Ozzie on this one.

Or, as Hawk says, Ozzie outdumbed himself.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 04:40 PM)
Everybody knows that this is the best thing to ever happen to Marriotti right? He's getting more attention than ever, will get more readers than ever, and is making Ozzie look bad in the minds of all non-Sox fans. In terms of this little feud, Marriotti wins big time in this exchange, despite how much we all hate him, he outsmarted Ozzie on this one.

I'm not so sure I agree ... Oh definitely that Moronotti is having a field day with this, and I fully expect him to write a column about how the Sox need to fire Ozzie and how he's just a liability to the club -- but what I also think is that Ozzie wanted this, Ozzie KNEW this would send the flames sky-high and he played this. I really believe that; I think Ozzie Guillen is a very canny man. He is using this, IMO, to energize his club and unify them behind him.

And I further bet that it will work. JMHO.

QUOTE(holly wiggins @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 04:51 PM)
I'm not so sure I agree ... Oh definitely that Moronotti is having a field day with this, and I fully expect him to write a column about how the Sox need to fire Ozzie and how he's just a liability to the club -- but what I also think is that Ozzie wanted this, Ozzie KNEW this would send the flames sky-high and he played this. I really believe that; I think Ozzie Guillen is a very canny man. He is using this, IMO, to energize his club and unify them behind him.

And I further bet that it will work. JMHO.

His club doesn't need that, they are damned good with or without this bulls***. Ozzie lost this battle, plain and simple. Still a hell of a manager though and we're still good, and really in the long run that's all I care about. Ozzie is not a role model, he's not Mother Teresa, he may not even be the greatest guy.....but he's a hell of a manager for MY time, and that's all I care about. Sue me for ignorance if needed, but all I care about is Ozzie doesn't commit crimes (which he hasn't) and keeps us winning, the end. However, he really does need to watch his mouth a bit more before he gets himself into trouble, because at some point his candid attitude will really bite him in the ass.

QUOTE(WCSox @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 08:23 PM)
Not that the Yankees and Red Sox cheerleaders in Bristol would have a vested interest in disrupting the Sox or anything.

Is this the same ESPN group we are talking about that shows all 19 games of the Red Sox-Yankees series and claims to be broadcasting the best and most interesting games of the season? They aren;t going to have any luck at firing anybody let alone canning Ozzie.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 01:51 PM)
I'm not saying that. I'm just telling you if this continues and Ozzie keeps calling people politically incorrect names and just saying whatever he wants, eventually the White Sox aren't going to be able to protect him, and their hands are going to be tied as to what they can do about it.

Agreed. What's becoming evident is that when Ozzie does finally leave the Sox (hopefully 10 years and four additional WS titles later), it's going to be ugly.

QUOTE(Contreras @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 03:18 PM)
I, for one, don't give a damn what he calls Mariotti. Anything said about Mariotti can't be derogatory enough. Jay deserves everything he gets. f*** being politically correct. That's for pussies, anyway. Be a man and support Ozzie!

Calling Mariotti a *** is an insult to the rest of the ***s.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 05:46 PM)
wow, so many people are way too sensitive

i don't even think this is a big deal :huh

Same here. Half of America calls people "***" or "gay" in a derogatory fashion. It's only news because this is being used by Ozzie. I've had weird s*** happen to me and said "Damn, this is pretty gay" more than once. I was using the word "gay" in a derogatory way, but I obviously didn't mean that the situation enjoyed cornholing men. No one's ever b****ed about me using it.

-If you watch an episode of Will & Grace, you'll hear the word "***" at least three or four times.

-If you read the Sun-Times, you can see the word "***."

-If you read ESPN, they have no problem posting the word "***" in an article about Ozzie.

If it's so f***ing offensive, why is it being used by everyone pooh-poohing Ozzie's use of it? The media are politically correct pussies hypocrites.

Edited by Contreras' Crew

When you call someone a ***, you generally are attemting to insult the guy because the word has a negative context. If he called him an asshole, should all the assholes in the world be insulted? He called him a s*** and garbage. Is Mr. Hanky going to be protesting Comiskey Park? I don't expect to see a pink picket line outside the ball park anytime soon. But if it did happen, I would trample that line to get in. What is this? The Brady Bunch?

Ozzie: Jay is being a real stinker!!

Jerry: Ozzie, you know I don't like that word!

Ozzie: Sorry Jer, but he is.

Paaaleeese.

Edit - Bwahahahahahaha!!! Sox Talk profanity filter blocks out the word!!!! I move that in support of Ozzie, the Admins change the filter to have the word allowed.

-Man Law-

Edited by My Dixie Normus

QUOTE(My Dixie Normus @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 07:04 PM)
Bwahahahahahaha!!! Sox Talk profanity filter blocks out the word!!!! I move that in support of Ozzie, the Admins change the filter to have the word allowed.

-Man Law-

I second the ***-filter man-law.

QUOTE(My Dixie Normus @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 07:04 PM)
When you call someone a ***, you generally are attemting to insult the guy because the word has a negative context. If he called him an asshole, should all the assholes in the world be insulted? He called him a s*** and garbage. Is Mr. Hanky going to be protesting Comiskey Park? I don't expect to see a pink picket line outside the ball park anytime soon. But if it did happen, I would trample that line to get in. What is this? The Brady Bunch?

Ozzie: Jay is being a real stinker!!

Jerry: Ozzie, you know I don't like that word!

Ozzie: Sorry Jer, but he is.

Paaaleeese.

Edit - Bwahahahahahaha!!! Sox Talk profanity filter blocks out the word!!!! I move that in support of Ozzie, the Admins change the filter to have the word allowed.

-Man Law-

You cannot be this shallow, right? *** has more of a negative connotation than s***head, asshole or any other "tame" slur. It is in the same league as sexual/ethnic slurs. Even though using the terms gay and *** are now pretty widespread, it's still no excuse for someone to use the word because it is still a highly volitaile and virulent thing to call someone. To a lot of people, it's the same as calling someone a k*** or n*****. Make no mistake, though, this is being blown well out of proportion only because Mariotti works for ESPN. Do I have a problem with Ozzie using the word ***? Yes. Is it a huge problem? Hell no.

An aside, can we stop this man law s***? Did you guys finally get tired of Chuck Norris jokes and had to find something else immature to make you laugh?

Personally I could care less what Ozzie said. Lots of people use the say term Ozzie uses in the context Ozzie meant it, but they don't get crucified for it. It's just like Eminem using the term. He doesn't mean it to offend the homosexual community, he means it as in how weak you are. To me though, this is a yawner. I'm used to this stuff by Oz.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 08:14 PM)
You cannot be this shallow, right? *** has more of a negative connotation than s***head, asshole or any other "tame" slur. It is in the same league as sexual/ethnic slurs. Even though using the terms gay and *** are now pretty widespread, it's still no excuse for someone to use the word because it is still a highly volitaile and virulent thing to call someone. To a lot of people, it's the same as calling someone a k*** or n*****. Make no mistake, though, this is being blown well out of proportion only because Mariotti works for ESPN. Do I have a problem with Ozzie using the word ***? Yes. Is it a huge problem? Hell no.

An aside, can we stop this man law s***? Did you guys finally get tired of Chuck Norris jokes and had to find something else immature to make you laugh?

Shallow?!? I think shallow is when people who get offended by something so stupid. As far as I know, Mariotti is not a gay but I could be wrong. If he is and Ozzie knew it, then it is hateful. But I don't think that is the case. To be offended by it this case, when no hate speach is intended, is shallow. This politically correct crap should be left to Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. People who live thier lives by the polically correct rules are the shallow ones, IMO.

Like many of you have mentioned, Mariotti is frothing at the mouth over the attention any nobody sports writer would saw their left arm off to have. Mariotti is going to continue to talk hamburgers - that we do know. In response, Ozzie has to learn not to be so impulsive with his responses to Mariotti's comments. I know Ozzie likes to wear his heart on his sleeve - but he has to stop feeding the fire with his inappropriate responses. Mariotti is bating him and reeling him in at every turn, and Ozzie is simply too smart for that.

Edited by soxunited