Official Ozzie/Mariotti Thread

gojimthome

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 09:01 AM)
We should be talking about how the team stood up for themselves after getting plunked twice the other day.

No, were not however.

So I was told politely to STFU for saying the media is sensationalizing this? what was I thinking .......

www.blogspot.com

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 09:12 AM)
Two things:

1. I agree, the "Ignore" function rocks.

2. I had no idea Mariotti was gay. When did he come out??? Was it in Roepers column???

It was in Oz Weekly. ;)

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 08:47 AM)
The media is eating this crap up, and why are these reporters asking him about Mariotti anyway? Just to ignite the fire.

He needs to stick to answering baseball questions, and not questions about how he feels about The Big Hurt or Magglio or Mariotti. That is where he gets into trouble, because he tells them exactly how he feels.

YES, they know what theyre doing when they continue and continue and continue to ask the same stupid questions, when all they want to do is start a meaningless controversy. Just ignore the Stupid Questions and believe it or not, they go away Ozz. I dont think Ozz will ever tone down, and thats mostly ok with me. He will evolve as a manager. Ozz and the rest of the SOX organization know they still arent getting a fair shake in this town, this "latest controversy" should NEVER have become a national story in as short a time span as it has. It just reminds you that there are people in the Media who are ready and waiting to Tear the SOX down first chance they get.

Heck, look in the papers, all you read is "people are tiring of his act", yet when the fans are polled,

what are we saying? We love him. Well then it must be the players who are tired of him and dislike him.

Nope, Paulie says the players wouldnt trade him for the world. So who is tiring of Ozzie then?

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 08:56 AM)
Ozzie probably will never lose his players. If the comments continue he will eventually alienate large groups of fans.

And how will he lose large groups? A SOX pitcher one day will have a bad outing, 2 innings, 9 runs

and Ozzie will comment "he pitched like horse **** today". The media will run a ton of articles saying Ozzie must hate horses and horse lovers too, since they like horses, and they will call on him and the SOX organization to apologize to the Association of Horse Lovers. This stupid cycle will repeat itself and the media will continue to call it fact. Hes being called a national embarrassment? give me a break.

I agree that there is no place for this kind of incendiary language. Attaching certain words to groups of people is not only unfair, but is insulting and shows intolerance as well. I can't blame the gay communities outrage over Guillen's use of the word "Mariotti" when referring to them. That's clearly over the line.

SFF

Edited by SpringfieldFan

YES, they know what theyre doing when they continue and continue and continue to ask the same stupid questions, when all they want to do is start a meaningless controversy. Just ignore the Stupid Questions and believe it or not, they go away Ozz. I dont think Ozz will ever tone down, and thats mostly ok with me. He will evolve as a manager. Ozz and the rest of the SOX organization know they still arent getting a fair shake in this town, this "latest controversy" should NEVER have become a national story in as short a time span as it has. It just reminds you that there are people in the Media who are ready and waiting to Tear the SOX down first chance they get.

Heck, look in the papers, all you read is "people are tiring of his act", yet when the fans are polled,

what are we saying? We love him. Well then it must be the players who are tired of him and dislike him.

Nope, Paulie says the players wouldnt trade him for the world. So who is tiring of Ozzie then?

And how will he lose large groups? A SOX pitcher one day will have a bad outing, 2 innings, 9 runs

and Ozzie will comment "he pitched like horse **** today". The media will run a ton of articles saying Ozzie must hate horses and horse lovers too, since they like horses, and they will call on him and the SOX organization to apologize to the Association of Horse Lovers. This stupid cycle will repeat itself and the media will continue to call it fact. Hes being called a national embarrassment? give me a break.

www.blogspot.com

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 09:04 AM)
I think you were told politely to shut the f*** up because posters don't want yet another thread to become a media rant.

Obviously the majority does not rule.

...But this whole ordeal has to do with Ozzie and the media.

The media is blowing this way out of proportion, and you know why? Because they know they can get a reaction out of Ozzie. The biggest thing we all have to note here (and I know I'm preaching to the choir) is that Ozzie says what other people don't have the balls to say! He speaks the truth. When Ozzie called Jay a "***", he wasn't calling him gay. Everyone knows that. But people (in this case the gay community) need a reason to b****. And if people are b****ing at the White Sox, the media has another reason to make this team look like the bad guys in town. The Tribune must be loving this. The words gay and *** don't even mean the same thing anymore. Slurs have become so irrelevant in the past few years. Rappers use the N word a million times in their "songs", black comedians refer to white people as crackers all the time, Latino comedians will use wetback and all the other ones, and ever since 9/11, our entire country has developed a hatred for anyone from the Middle East, terrorist or not. It's hard not to take this from sexual preference to race, but the situations are similar.

But some dude from San Francisco who likes another dude is offended that a baseball manager used the word ***? Grow some balls.

...whew...I could never say that stuff at WSI! I was banned for MUCH less, haha

:gosox1:

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(VAfan @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 08:48 AM)
And Ozzie also ought to consider for a moment how his constant use of profanity plays for a family game like baseball. I have a 3-year-old son who loves the White Sox. Fortunately, he hasn't a clue what our manager is saying. But what about those whose kids are 10, 11, 12, etc. -- old enough to listen to the post-game show? Would I want my son to be listening to what Ozzie Guillen is saying? No.

I like how this angle hasnt been used yet, because its legitimate. But let me say this, Ozzie has always been like this. Why is it a big deal now?

what are we saying? We love him.

of course we love him, as we should. i think the "tiring of his act" view is more indicative of national media and national fans, rather than fans of the sox.

QUOTE(SoxFan76 @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 09:19 AM)
...But this whole ordeal has to do with Ozzie and the media.

I know you can't hold back the urge to be a psycho b****, but you just have to show some restraint.

I will not. :P

QUOTE(SoxFan76 @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 09:19 AM)
Your posts remind me of arguments I had in middle school.

I try my best to come down to others level so they can have a chance at comprehending. I'm glad to see it's working for you. ;)

Is *** or f***** really that offensive? I can't believe that it is. This word has been thrown around since I was in grade school. It didn't/doesn't even mean gay or homosexual to us. It meant/means a sissy or girly boy. Now because the gay community has grown a bit and has a voice in the media it has become offensive? Give me a break. I saw a Bernie Mac concert and he continuously calls his little nephew a "little f*****" because he acts like a little sissy boy. The people in this country have to get a thicker skin.

It is even blocked out on this website, but words like f***, motherf***er, b****, cocksucker are not? That seems a little odd to me.

Edited by southsideirish

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 09:25 AM)
Is *** or f***** really that offensive? I can't believe that it is. This word has been thrown around since I was in grade school. It didn't/doesn't even mean gay or homosexual to us. It meant/means a sissy or girly boy. Now because the gay community has grown a bit and has a voice in the media it has become offensive? Give me a break. I saw a Bernie Mac concert and he continuously calls his little nephew a "little f*****" because he acts like a little sissy boy. The people in this country have to get a thicker skin.

It is even blocked out on this website, but words like f***, motherf***er, b****, cocksucker are not? That seems a little odd to me.

Speaking of Bernie Mack.. that mofo was at the game last night. Had a line of hoe's trailing behind him... :D

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 09:18 AM)
I agree that there is no place for this kind of incendiary language. Attaching certain words to groups of people is not only unfair, but is insulting and shows intolerance as well. I can't blame the gay communities outrage over Guillen's use of the word "Mariotti" when referring to them. That's clearly over the line.

SFF

I dont think the gay community was as "offended" as the media was. Its a term that Oz probably shouldnt be using, but again. Oz has been like this forever. Why is it a problem NOW? I repeat.

This SHOULD NOT BE A NATIONAL STORY. The freaking media should be ashamed of themselves.

QUOTE(VAfan @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ozzie deserves to be ripped for using the word "f@g". Homophobia has led to people's deaths. It's a sick attitude toward other human beings not unlike racism. I don't believe Ozzie is a homophobe. But his statements have negative repercussions nonetheless.

And Ozzie also ought to consider for a moment how his constant use of profanity plays for a family game like baseball. I have a 3-year-old son who loves the White Sox. Fortunately, he hasn't a clue what our manager is saying. But what about those whose kids are 10, 11, 12, etc. -- old enough to listen to the post-game show? Would I want my son to be listening to what Ozzie Guillen is saying? No.

And that's too bad. I love Ozzie Guillen. I'm not calling for his head. I'm just suggesting he use his head more often before he opens his mouth.

The way Ozzie used the word *** was not in a homophobic way and will definitely not lead to any homophobic deaths. He basically called him a sissy. Put the whole thing in context.

If your kids, at age 10, 11, or 12 do not know or have not heard those words by then, then they live very sheltered lives. I think we have all known and heard those words by then. If you don't want them to use those words then do something called "parenting" or "teaching". That should take care of it. It is more important to the children that you don't use those words if that is what you stand for.

He will have to be more careful with what he says, because the media as a whole are a bunch of panzie ass ***gots.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 09:37 AM)
The way Ozzie used the word *** was not in a homophobic way and will definitely not lead to any homophobic deaths. He basically called him a sissy. Put the whole thing in context.

If your kids, at age 10, 11, or 12 do not know or have not heard those words by then, then they live very sheltered lives. I think we have all known and heard those words by then. If you don't want them to use those words then do something called "parenting" or "teaching". That should take care of it. It is more important to the children that you don't use those words if that is what you stand for.

He will have to be more careful with what he says, because the media as a whole are a bunch of panzie ass ***gots.

I'm with you southsideirish. Everything you said is how I feel.

Dearest Jay,

Two week suspension for Guillen? Nah. How about a life-long suspension for you? The only national embarrassment to the city is you, Jay. The only way I'd defend Guillen for an axe-murdering would be if the victim were you. Really, you're a giant sissy. "Oh, Ozzie, stop picking on me. Hawk Harrelson, stop picking on me. White Sox players, stop picking on me. White Sox fans, stop sending me threats."

Perhaps people wouldn't send you threats if you'd shut your mouth and not give them valid reasons to wish you bodily harm, Jay. When you constantly attempt to portray each and every sporting organization in this town in a negative light, people are going to give you crap. If you can't take it, you're a gaping vagina.

f*** you, Jay. f*** you right in your ass with your grandfather's syphilitic penis. Go back to Pittsburgh. Perhaps people there don't actively hope and pray that you die from a donut overdose, you fat coward.

Feel free to join the fan club, Jay: http://www.jaythejoke.com/

With Love,

Your Gaping Vagina

I made a yahoo address (mariottisvagina@yahoo.com) and sent it. You can support Jay's crusade to have every Chicago sports franchise leave the city, too: jmariotti@suntimes.com

Edited by Contreras' Crew

the media.

The freaking media

The media ... the freaking media.

This would be a great title for your blog.

You can set one up at blogspot.com just like Jason and Kap said. :D