Official Ozzie/Mariotti Thread

gojimthome

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 04:08 PM)
Between his vocal tone, eyebrow waxing, and general way he acts.....Marriotti being gay would not be a surprise. But then again, I'm going to get this put in the filibuster so I'll stop.

Originally, I thought that is what Hawk meant by Heinie Bird. I bird that .... well you get the idea. Hawk did not give his Heinie bird explanation until he was using the term for a while.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 03:53 PM)
wow. your version of the White Sox front office would look something like this...

Jerry: "What's the deal with Ozzie? He's got us in first place, but he's got a potty mouth."

Kenny: "Gee, Mr. Reinsdorf, let's check ESPN to see what the fans all over the country, especially on the East Coast, think."

Jerry: "Great idea! To the information super-highway!"

JR and KW skip over to Jerry's desk. They open ESPN.com's SportsNation poll to see what the fans really think of Ozzie.

Jerry: "My goodness, this isn't very good."

Kenny: "Shucks, what should we do?"

Jerry: "Isn't it obvious? We have to fire him. ESPN never had a poll about Jerry Manuel or Terry Bevington, so see if they are available. Also, see what Cito's up to while you're at it.

Kenny: "Uh oh, look at that link."

KW points to a link entitled, "Chisox' Pierzynski voted most hated player."

Jerry: "Good call, trade him for a bag of potatoes while you're at it... oh and ESPN thought Don Cooper should be in New York, so can him as well and get Cashman on the phone to see if he can help them out."

Beautiful. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Exactly what I thought when I read it -- WTF will an ESPN poll have to do with Ozzie's contract with the Sox? This is just the media morons trying to stir the pot.

It's not like any of those jokers are real reporters, after all -- if they were, the steroid story would have been broken 10 years earlier.

Plaschke ripped Mariotti but said Ozzie needs to be suspended. I didnt hear what the Smith guy said. Mariotti said some BS blaming JR and Ozzie saying "Take me out of the equation." Well Jay, YOU are the problem so maybe it would be best if you took yourself out of the equation. Jeez the guy is a 1st class douche.

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 05:26 PM)
Plaschke ripped Mariotti but said Ozzie needs to be suspended. I didnt hear what the Smith guy said.

Smith said in no way should Ozzie be suspended and that really ticked off Jay.

Classic.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 04:26 PM)
Plaschke ripped Mariotti but said Ozzie needs to be suspended. I didnt hear what the Smith guy said.

Smith bascially said that Ozzie's choice of words were wrong, but a suspension is not in order and the White Sox can handle it internally.

He used Matt Millen/Johnnie Morton event last year as an example

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 04:31 PM)
I am out of the loop, what exactly did ozzie say?

He called Mariotti a ***.

EDIT: What? We cant type ***?

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(holly wiggins @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 04:15 PM)
It's not like any of those jokers are real reporters, after all -- if they were, the steroid story would have been broken 10 years earlier.

heh heh heh. Remember the McDowell/Messiah flap a couple years ago?

McDowell was a sports writer for yahoo sports, and the steroid scandal was full-scale in the news, and McDowell said that now unfortuneately, anyone that gets injured now, will fall under the cloud of suspicion of having used steroids.

He said that though he doesnt know The Messiah personally, his injury looks very suspicious, especially because of the nature of his injuries. McDowell again pointed out that he wasnt saying Messiah was using roids, but because of nature of his injuries (which match other steroid related injuries), every similar injury is going to be thought of as steroid related until something can be done about it.

Well, SunTimes writer/propogandist Mike "Yellow" Kiley runs to Mark Prior and tells him that Jack McDowell has just accused him of using steroids. The Messiah is angered and fires back, saying Black Jack doesnt know him, and he should shut his mouth. A witchhunt calling for Jack McDowells head ensues in Chicago radio and papers, leading to a mini Sox backlash.

ESPN, the network that brings you Yankees and Red Sox hilites daily, then runs with Kileys piece on its website, with a McDowell Accuses Prior headline, which of course blew up into a huge pile of nonsense,

with the media lambasting Jack for NO REASON, other than they thought their precious cub was being outed. Bunch of BS.

Ironically, I saw Jack a week after all of that went down, and I told him I knew exactly what he was saying in his article and I knew he wasnt making accusations at all. He laughed and said the media was stupid, and that he towards the end of the week, just started laughing about the nonsense. Jack took a beating in this town for a week on sportsradio and the papers. Ignore the media? yeah right

Edited by Hangar18

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 04:38 PM)
Around the Horn

What is it? I never heard of it?

Ah. Looked it up. So this is an espn show with moronotti and people actually watch it? No wonder the guy is still around. As long as he gets the attention and the times gets complaints about him, he ain't goin nowhere.

Edited by zach61

Everybody knows that this is the best thing to ever happen to Marriotti right? He's getting more attention than ever, will get more readers than ever, and is making Ozzie look bad in the minds of all non-Sox fans. In terms of this little feud, Marriotti wins big time in this exchange, despite how much we all hate him, he outsmarted Ozzie on this one.