Make It Or Break It Time

Pastime

Well, the next 5 weeks will decide the fate of the team.

The schedule is as follows:

At home for 10 games against S.F., S.D., and Boston

Away for 6 games - vs. the Flubs at the World's Biggest Singles Bar, then on to Minnesota for 3.

At home for 6 games against the Flubs and Twinkies.

Away for 9 games against Tampa Bay, Detoilet, and Cleveland.

The thing that caught my eye was the 9-game stretch before the All Star Break - 3 against Tampa Bay, 3 against Detoilet, and 3 against Cleveland without Ellis Burks.

WE ABSOLUTELY HAVE to go 7-2 at the WORST. I would love to see a 9-game sweep, but realistically, 8-1 or 7-2 is more "honest."

If the Sox can just be 3-5 games over .500 before they face those 3 cupcakes - we might just have something. I refuse to give up yet - the Angels looked like garbage for the first two months of last season, and they got out of the funk. Mark Buehrle should just throw a shutout every start - but then again, he would probably leave in the 9th in a 0-0 game. :)

The thing that caught my eye was the 9-game stretch before the All Star Break - 3 against Tampa Bay, 3 against Detoilet, and 3 against Cleveland without Ellis Burks.

WE ABSOLUTELY HAVE to go 7-2 at the WORST.  I would love to see a 9-game sweep, but realistically, 8-1 or 7-2 is more "honest."

If the Sox can just be 3-5 games over .500 before they face those 3 cupcakes - we might just have something.  I refuse to give up yet - the Angels looked like garbage for the first two months of last season, and they got out of the funk.  Mark Buehrle should just throw a shutout every start - but then again, he would probably leave in the 9th in a 0-0 game.  :)

May 23-June 5, we played Detroit, Toronto, Cleveland, and Arizona (Schilling and Johnson-free). We went 4-9. Whos to say we wont do worse this time around?

The Angels started off a franchise worst 6-14 record, thats only 20 games. We're already 62 games into the season and still behind the Royals. In May, the Angels went 19-7; while we are still playing s***ty baseball in June.

Its time to face reality, we were way out of it a long while ago. This stretch will not get us back in the race, but it just might decide where JM's head is and whether or not we're gonna do some serious rebuilding.

Guest hotsoxchick1

oh please pass me some rose colored glasses so i can see the world as you guys do.... there isnt a snowballs chance in hell that we get out of our current status... the only thing i hope is that we dont end up under detroit........... :rolleyes:

oh please pass me some rose colored glasses so i can see the world as you guys do.... there isnt a snowballs chance in hell that we get out of our current status... the only thing i hope is that we dont end up under detroit...........  :rolleyes:

Why not.

I am pining for the #2 overall pick next year. f*** if you cant win it all... atleast get a high draft pick.

Good points soxchick.

My only hope is somehow we've begun to hit. Do you concede that it's possible we might pull our heads out and hit like we were supposed to on paper?

Cause you gotta admit if we can get nine to 11 hits a night, with our pitching, we'll probably at least play .550 ball.

Our defense is not too spiffy so without hitting we are dead meat.

oh please pass me some rose colored glasses so i can see the world as you guys do.... there isnt a snowballs chance in hell that we get out of our current status... the only thing i hope is that we dont end up under detroit...........  :rolleyes:

You need something to show you the real world in all it's fabulous color and magnificence. I am not talking just roses... Gasp and awe in delight at what's in front of you.

I am talking baseball here and the Sox going on a win streak. It's up to three now.

As much as I like all your optimistic views, I have to agree with HSC... The season is pretty much done for. What are we, still 5 games under .500? even after 4 ina row, 5 of 6.

For us to win the division we're gonna need to be at least 18 games over the .500 mark(90 wins)

Do you see this team finishing 18 games over at seasons end? I sure in hell don't.

Maybe 10 games over..tops If they play like the team their suppose to be(which is a good team, not great)

Even if the Sox won 10 in a row, they would still be only be 1 game over the .500 mark.(including the current 4 game winn streak)

I just don't see it happening...unless we have some kind of miracle...like our offense avgs 6 runs a game the rest of the year, our big 3 pitch lights out, and if Garland continues to pitch like he did last night, and our pen lives up to its potential, we may make it to 15 games over the .500 mark.MAY is the key word there

But the twins would also have to play butt poor, which isn't out of the question, but I see them playing over .500 albeit maybe not that much over .500, but far enough over that they'll be on a Harley, while we'll be chasing them with a moped.

We may be able to see them up the road, but we won't be able to catch up no matter what. :huh:

What are you gonna do, the Sox dug their own graves.... :huh: :angry:

PS: I'm no math major, so my baseball math up there may be a bit off...but I think I'm pretty close. :headbang

I agree no way we are gonna finish 18 over .500.

With our hitting and defense I'd say five over .500 would be a miracle.

I was just wondering if it was possible we were gonna start hitting. Then all bets would be off.

Guest hotsoxchick1
You need something to show you the real world in all it's fabulous color and magnificence. I am not talking just roses... Gasp and awe in delight at what's in front of you.

I am talking baseball here and the Sox going on a win streak. It's up to three now.

as you were saying????????????? :huh: sorry to be the one to have to point it out to you.. not everything is coming up roses on the south side........ :angry: and to put it to you honestly.. this team is alot more fun to watch through beer goggles as opposed to rose colored glasses..... :lol: :cheers bottoms up......... :headbang

as you were saying????????????? :huh: sorry to be the one to have to point it out to you.. not everything is coming up roses on the south side........ :angry: and to put it to you honestly.. this team is alot more fun to watch through beer goggles as opposed to rose colored glasses..... :lol: :cheers bottoms up......... :headbang

Beer and baseball go together. Nothing wrong with that. Hugs and kisses & a cold micro-brew could help us all right now.

Guest hotsoxchick1

heres a few hugs and kisses.... :wub: .......pass me an mgd so i can sit through another painful game....... please.........thankyou....... ;)

Guest hotsoxchick1
I'll be doing that tonight, along with a few of those Dollar hot dogs!!

hugs , kisses, beer and hot dogs???? yikes what a combo........... :lol: