Detroit Tigers World Series Thread

Heads22

QUOTE(JackTalkThai @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 09:26 AM)
Infante didn't leave the game due to injury. He was replaced by Inge at third for defensive purposes.

The Polanco injury is huge though. Obviously he was a defensive stalwort but he was also the #1 steadying influence on the team when he came up to bat. He never struck out, he would almost always put the ball in play (and in the direction that the situation demanded) and he was one of the best hitters with RISP in the entire leauge.

The degree of his shoulder separation is not yet known.

Out for the year according to Rodriguez.

Linkage

Rodriguez said on the Tigers postgame broadcast that Polanco was out for the year.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Polanco is a big loss defensively, and while I will miss his high contact rate offensively he has actually been pretty horrible:

.294 .325 .359 .684

Also, since I wasn't around a belated congratulations to the White Sox for the sweep, Contreras was awesome and we made some dumb mistakes in the other games, which you simply can't afford to do against a great team like Chicago.

QUOTE(vandy125 @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 10:59 AM)
Out for the year according to Rodriguez.

Linkage

It should be noted that Pudge said that before -any- medical analysis or MRI on the shoulder was performed.

He was simply assuming the worst because Placido looked like he was in quite a bit of pain. So TIFWIW.

QUOTE(loltrain @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 12:22 PM)
and while I will miss his high contact rate offensively he has actually been pretty horrible:

You still cannot ignore a batting average of .374 with runners in scoring position.

His lack of walks and extra base hits aside....guy has been flat out CLUTCH with men on base this year.

Sean Casey has been killing the ball this past week...not so much for power, but he's driven in 7 over that time in several low scoring games. Good move by Dombrowski. I'm curious if he'll be moved up to the 2 spot with Polanco out.

edit: well, forgot the Tigers game already started so I looked at the lineup...Craig Monroe in the 2 spot? hmmm

Edited by mmmmmbeeer

LOL, Ordonez just completely butchered a fairly easy catch on an Ortiz flyball, leading to it just getting over the short fence for a 2 run homer.

3-1 Red Sox, but it really should be 1-1.

Haha, he promptly leads off the next inning with a solo jack over the monster to make it 3-2. Clevlen with his third career homer, a two run shot over the green monster and out of the stadium. 4-3.

Well, Verlanders curveball was nowheres near the strike zone tonight and he ended up walking 7! (Boston was smart enough not to swing at the fastball and other pitches, and force him to try and throw the curve for strikes) Fastball velocity was still 100 mph, so I guess he was just having a rough game, not fatigue...

Now 5-4 boston in the top of the 7th.

Edited by loltrain

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No Polanco for what looks like 4-6 weeks, at least. Who they gonna pick up? Read that they tried hard to get Grudz from KC. Sox killer, glad he signed with the royals. Who else is out there?

Neifi Perez (although he hit the Sox pretty hard this year IIRC.) :pray:

Carlos Lee is having a brutal game right now. I don't miss him

HOLY s***!

How much weight did Dmitri leav behind at the Bett Ford Clinic?

Edited by santo=dorf

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 07:56 PM)
For a guy everybody said was a lock to suck in the second half, Rogers hasn't done too badly in August. 4 runs allowed in 19 innings. I wish one or more of the members of the greatest rotation ever assembled could throw up some similar numbers .

He still has a 6.37 ERA since the break. But, yes, he's been good in August so far.

Rangers with runners at first and third and nobody out in the 6th.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006