AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!

Gregory Pratt

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 07:07 PM)
You know, I like Gload. Always have. I wouldn't cry if he got cut or replaced on the team, but he always gives it his all.

I've been a Gload guy for a few years now and I just wish there was a way for him to play more, but its so tough to find any spots for him. He's just a good fundemental hitter and the players like him in the clubhouse. I remember this spring when he made a great catch in Milwaulkee's facility in Maryville and was helped off the field only to be back the following day after what looked like a horrible injury. This was in the midst of all the speculation of whether he'd make the club or not.

That next game was a game against the Royals and he was in the game and word came out that the Sox had just traded for Thornton, which essentially assured Ross a roster spot.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 07:08 PM)
Our bullpen is so fishing stacked right now. It's awesome

If they execute and stay healthy it will be a real nice thing to have for a few years. The rotation can get bailed out at times by that pen and hopefully we'll see the rotation really put things together.

As much as I slammed Freddy tonight he wasn't awful and it was his second straight acceptable start which is nice.

Wow, I'm glad I stuck with this game tonight, it was well worth it.

They need to build on this win, hopefully JG keeps his great pitching up tomorrow and they take the first 2.

You can definitely see what KW has in mind with that bullpen, it was excellent tonight

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 02:09 AM)
I've been a Gload guy for a few years now and I just wish there was a way for him to play more, but its so tough to find any spots for him. He's just a good fundemental hitter and the players like him in the clubhouse. I remember this spring when he made a great catch in Milwaulkee's facility in Maryville and was helped off the field only to be back the following day after what looked like a horrible injury. This was in the midst of all the speculation of whether he'd make the club or not.

That next game was a game against the Royals and he was in the game and word came out that the Sox had just traded for Thornton, which essentially assured Ross a roster spot.

As someone who's long said he should be replaced on the roster, I want to give him credit for the huge hit tonight. I actually like Gload's skills....but he just doesn't fit what this team needs as a 25th man. With the September call-ups fast approaching, his role on the team will be better. He's one of the few guys on the team who can spray the ball around the field from line to line.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 07:12 PM)
As someone who's long said he should be replaced on the roster, I want to give him credit for the huge hit tonight. I actually like Gload's skills....but he just doesn't fit what this team needs as a 25th man. With the September call-ups fast approaching, his role on the team will be better. He's one of the few guys on the team who can spray the ball around the field from line to line.

I completely agree. I think his value is best suited on an NL team and I have long said If I ran a team he's the type of guy I think you could pick up on the cheap and get 250-350 quality at bats from in a real versatile way.

This team is still dead, it took a miracle by Gload to win it. Im still not convinced.

Would it have been a mracle if the O's hit the slam to erase our lead late?

It was a big big hit and hopefully it'll put an end to the spiff streak we have been on.

Maybe you aren't convinced but it's a start hopefully. It's better than another fishing loss.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 09:27 PM)
This team is still dead, it took a miracle by Gload to win it. Im still not convinced.

I don't think anyone here would argue your point. But this team was DEAD without something miraculous happening, and a miracle happened tonight and this could change the course of the season. SO BE HAPPY :)

Bedard has been an amazing since making some adjustments so I think the offense did ok even though failed at somethings. Garcia at least kept us in it and this is the 2nd straight start where he has done that. The bullpen was great throwing nothing but strikes and making it look easy. Than the bench guys basicly won us the game... whats not to like?

A course if we go and lose the next 2 than its all for nothing.