AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!

Gregory Pratt

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dan Pasqua @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 09:43 PM)
not convinced either. Left 9 on base. 0 fer from dye, crede, konerko until he got a bruise and had to come out. Cant count on ross gload grand slams in the 9th every game

Yeah, good point. I like the win and all, but we still played spiffty in general, Garcia looked pretty shaky, and let's face it, Baltimore is a bad team. But who knows, maybe we'll look back on Gload's hit as the biggest one of 2006.

not convinced either. Left 9 on base. 0 fer from dye, crede, konerko until he got a bruise and had to come out. Cant count on ross gload grand slams in the 9th every game

You gotta remember when you were 1-7 last 8 games when you possibly break outa the slump with a miracle win its prolly not gonna be a master perfermance, wait till after tomorrow to be so worrisome

Sweet Jesus Christ. I went to the movies tonight to see Clerks II, probably one of the funnier movies I have seen. I kept refreshing the mlb.com page on my blackberry until the movie started and we were down. I figured that I would just watch the movie, take my mind off it. I come out of the movie, and see that Gload hit a grandslam. What a nice way to end the evening.

Nice

I was totally pumped with the way the bullpen shut them down. MacDougal is fishing nasty, i dont think I have seen many pitchers who can throw a 97 MPH fastball that moves sideways like that. I dont know if anyone remembers a fastball he threw to Conine, but I swear it went from the left batters box all the way to Conines feet and he still swung at it, awesome.

I swear Thornton throws the easiest 97 MPH fastball in the world.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 10:48 PM)
Yeah, good point. I like the win and all, but we still played spiffty in general, Garcia looked pretty shaky, and let's face it, Baltimore is a bad team. But who knows, maybe we'll look back on Gload's hit as the biggest one of 2006.

Baltimore's bad, but we stayed in the game against someone who's lately been one of the best starters in the majors, and came back against someone who's been one of this year's top closers. If we were facing Rodrigo Lopez, okay. But this is pretty good, however bad Baltimore is, overall.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 10:00 PM)
I was totally pumped with the way the bullpen shut them down. MacDougal is fishing nasty, i dont think I have seen many pitchers who can throw a 97 MPH fastball that moves sideways like that. I dont know if anyone remembers a fastball he threw to Conine, but I swear it went from the left batters box all the way to Conines feet and he still swung at it, awesome.

I swear Thornton throws the easiest 97 MPH fastball in the world.

Ozzie needs to trust his pen more to shorten his game.

McDougal, Thornton and Jenks are a hard group of guys to hit more or less score runs on. This should be a wakeup call that when Vazquez hits the 5th, you can use bmac or cotts to give you an inning or two to get you to the back of that pen.

Pretty nasty.

We dont need to let a starter go to the magic 7th inning. The win is more important that x pitcher getting a win.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 10:03 PM)
Baltimore's bad, but we stayed in the game against someone who's lately been one of the best starters in the majors, and came back against someone who's been one of this year's top closers. If we were facing Rodrigo Lopez, okay. But this is pretty good, however bad Baltimore is, overall.

Good point. Teams tend to be as good as their starting pitcher, and Bedard is a pretty good one, so the Orioles team we played today was better than their record on the season.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 09:44 PM)
By the way, does anyone else think Gload has the best approach on the team? He's a "professional hitter" if I ever saw one. Knows when to shorten it up, when to go with the pitch, and when to cut it loose. Konerko could hit .400 with 64 dongs if he had Gload's approach.

I don't know if anybody remembers but it was gload that kept us alive in that cubs game with 2 outs in the top of the 9th. He hit the single that started off the rally, and it allowed aj to come to the plate. We all remember what happened there.

That's not the point. They won the game, and those kinds of wins can completely turn everything around. See: Crede's walk-off last year against the Indians...which I think was the turning point in our season, as well as the Indians, even if they did salvage the last game of the series the next day.

Big wins can do big things.

Watched the game tonight at a friend's place and just got home, but I wanted to chime in. First off, as has been said often here, Ross Gload is a professional hitter and has been instrumental in 2 of the wins since the break (including the Texas game with the sac bunts). It is unfortunate that he can't play a serviceable corner OF position becuase if he could, he would be a very valuable sub off the bench.

The back of the bullpen is nasty right now. I can't remember any Sox team that had 3 guys at the back of the pen that throw as hard as Mike McD (really think that nickname could catch on), thornton and jenks. The pen looks very very solid. All in all, a nice win (especially when Bedard was on the hill), and hopefully this is the shot in the arm the team needs to get it going again.

Tonight = wakeup call.

Jon Garland tomorrow = winning streak (I'm really hoping for an 8th inning strikeout of Tejada with men on base by him just to remind everyone of what the White Sox can do).

Make this a winning streak boys. You now have the one big hole in April filled; you have an incredible bullpen (which next year will be the best in the big leagues). You have an incredible offense, which will find its balls eventually. Now, we just need the starting pitching to remember what it can do. Garland already has. Contreras never forgot. For the others, it's time.

Wake up everyone. Tonight is your Rally Gload night. Run with it.

QUOTE(illinilaw08 @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 09:55 PM)
The back of the bullpen is nasty right now. I can't remember any Sox team that had 3 guys at the back of the pen that throw as hard as Mike McD (really think that nickname could catch on), thornton and jenks. The pen looks very very solid. All in all, a nice win (especially when Bedard was on the hill), and hopefully this is the shot in the arm the team needs to get it going again.

I have difficulty thinking of many teams in baseball right now, or even in the last few years, who can throw a bullpen at other teams like the Sox can throw at teams now. By September, teams will be scared to drive our starters out of the game, because then they'll have to face the pen. Especially if BMac keeps it up.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 12:27 AM)
Tonight = wakeup call.

Jon Garland tomorrow = winning streak (I'm really hoping for an 8th inning strikeout of Tejada with men on base by him just to remind everyone of what the White Sox can do).

Make this a winning streak boys. You now have the one big hole in April filled; you have an incredible bullpen (which next year will be the best in the big leagues). You have an incredible offense, which will find its balls eventually. Now, we just need the starting pitching to remember what it can do. Garland already has. Contreras never forgot. For the others, it's time.

Wake up everyone. Tonight is your Rally Gload night. Run with it.

I have difficulty thinking of many teams in baseball right now, or even in the last few years, who can throw a bullpen at other teams like the Sox can throw at teams now. By September, teams will be scared to drive our starters out of the game, because then they'll have to face the pen. Especially if BMac keeps it up.

The Reds 'Nasty Boys' bullpen is the last one I can think of. Can only remember two of the three guys in the combo right now though ... Norm Charlton and Rob Dibble.