Division???

rowand's rowdies

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jake @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 10:56 PM)
Steff can you give me a link to that statement? Not that I'm doubting your honesty I just can't prove to my dad that he said that with a post on a message board. Many thanks.

Sure, I'll look for it for ya. Though if you did you'd probably find it before me. I'm busier than a one armed paper hanger today and leaving town tomorrow until Sunday night.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 03:44 AM)
Sure, I'll look for it for ya. Though if you did you'd probably find it before me. I'm busier than a one armed paper hanger today and leaving town tomorrow until Sunday night.

You didn't happen to watch M*A*S*H last night, did you? They used the same reference.

QUOTE(Wedge @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 08:02 AM)
You didn't happen to watch M*A*S*H last night, did you? They used the same reference.

Really...? I don't watch that show and have been using that phrase for years. :lol:

does this mean you were a Tigers fan since 1995? let me ask this, and be honest.

Were you a cub fan until this year and have now become Tigger?

you got it right. i've been a Tiger fan since 1995 (8 years old). in fact, the bandwaggon tiger fans piss me off. i bet they don't remember the White Sox-Tiger brawl from a few years ago. but i'm going to work for now. i'll be back to possibly discuss baseball later with you guys

QUOTE(tigerfan1995 @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 04:29 PM)
you got it right. i've been a Tiger fan since 1995 (8 years old). in fact, the bandwaggon tiger fans piss me off. i bet they don't remember the White Sox-Tiger brawl from a few years ago. but i'm going to work for now. i'll be back to possibly discuss baseball later with you guys

oh joy, i cant wait!

please... please mr... please come back!

The Twins lead the hapless Royals 6-0 in the second.

My guess is Minnesota will sweep those chumps in a four game series and

that will be big for the Twins as they vie for the wild card.

Edited by greg775

• 2 weeks later...

Im back after a week long bullshaat suspension. Here ya go negative sox fans, remember about 10 days ago when I posted this? Now maybe you believe in your team. :gosoxretro:

I was also terribly disapointed when I went to Sunday's game. I sat on the aisle (left field/3rd base line) and countless fans walked right past my view during pitches and at bats. Obviously a real baseball fan knows you can only go down the ailse if it is in between:

(1) batters

(2) during a pitching change

(3) innings

Do we really want these type of fans at the park? Sure they are buying tickets and supporting the team, but come on, I couldn't even watch the game half the time. Where are the ushers stopping this?

QUOTE(rowand @ Aug 14, 2006 -> 01:03 PM)
Im back after a week long bullshaat suspension. Here ya go negative sox fans, remember about 10 days ago when I posted this? Now maybe you believe in your team. :gosoxretro:

I was also terribly disapointed when I went to Sunday's game. I sat on the aisle (left field/3rd base line) and countless fans walked right past my view during pitches and at bats. Obviously a real baseball fan knows you can only go down the ailse if it is in between:

(1) batters

(3) innings

Do we really want these type of fans at the park? Sure they are buying tickets and supporting the team, but come on, I couldn't even watch the game half the time. Where are the ushers stopping this?

How do I put this? Oh yeah...

HELL MOTHERf***ING YEAH!

agreed...there are some really inconsiderate (or worse ignorant) people at games when it comes to moving in the aisle, etc.

At the game friday there was a family of 3 in front of me and they kept on moving the whole game, the guy also held up his cell phone to someone to hear the crowd. I don't know what you gain by holding your phone up like an idiot, the noise level is the same as if you were to hold the phone next to you.

A good "down in front" usually startles/angers them...

QUOTE(rowand @ Aug 14, 2006 -> 02:03 PM)

(1) batters

(3) innings

whine whine whine whine

Look, I used to hate bandwagoners, and I still don't like what they stand for, but the bottom line is, their money plays a big part in this team having a payroll of 100+ million, which plays a big part in having this team own one of the best records in baseball.

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 14, 2006 -> 01:54 PM)
whine whine whine whine

Look, I used to hate bandwagoners, and I still don't like what they stand for, but the bottom line is, their money plays a big part in this team having a payroll of 100+ million, which plays a big part in having this team own one of the best records in baseball.

I don't give a crap what their money pays for... that doesn't give them a right to act like douchebags at the park. Common effing courtesy goes a long way these days. If they can enforce the no walking down rule at other parks, they can enforce it at the cell. It's not whining... it's expecting others to not be so rude. It seems accepting this behavior has become commonplace these days.. but not by me, and not by many others I know and that sit around us.

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 14, 2006 -> 01:54 PM)
whine whine whine whine

yeah I don't like them either, but all that means is we have to do our part and educate Sox fans to make their even more baseball savvy. Being a good fan doesn't just mean knowing your starting line up, it also includes how to act at US Cellular Field and beyond. If you have a question on etiquette, ask a hockey fan about hockey rules for getting up and sitting down during a game. Follow those, and you won't go wrong.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 14, 2006 -> 02:01 PM)
yeah I don't like them either, but all that means is we have to do our part and educate Sox fans to make their even more baseball savvy. Being a good fan doesn't just mean knowing your starting line up, it also includes how to act at US Cellular Field and beyond. If you have a question on etiquette, ask a hockey fan about hockey rules for getting up and sitting down during a game. Follow those, and you won't go wrong.

Follow them or get a boot in your ass. Sounds like a plan to me.