Official College Football Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Dec 2, 2006 -> 04:38 PM)
I'm pretty convinced that should USC fail to come back, that Florida will jump Michigan and go to the championship game. I just think there will be too many people that will argue against a rematch and that will give Florida credit for their schedule, regardless of how they struggled at times. They got it done, and I think that will be enough.

That said, I still think USC finds a way to win this game.

Well now its looking good for Michigan fans. I still say if Florida wins they should be the team that plays OSU though.

But Arkansas has all the momentum.

What a f***ing idiot. Arkansas guy calls for a fair catch at like the 2 and fumbles it and we have a Florida TD...YESSSS!!!!!!

What a dumbass, bahahaaaa. Oh and U....C.....L....A....UCLA...FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Dec 2, 2006 -> 05:44 PM)
Urban Meyer calls his third timeout and then punts. Results in a touchdown.

I still have no clue what Urban Meyer is doing on offense, he's running with Leak, and he's burned all his timeouts.

But the timeout apparently froze Arkansas return man. What a genius strategy :lol:

That whole sequence, with Florida faking a pint on 4th and 1 from their own 11 to running the option with Chris Leak, to the burned timeout and STILL punting, to the TD on the muffed punt that never should have been touched.

I couldn't make up such a scenario!

Honestly, if this game stays close I think Michigan will get the call anyway. I just don't see people moving Florida ahead with the way they are playing, combined with some of their previous performances. They needed a solid win tonight, not a scrambling win in a sloppily played game.

Edited by Rex Hudler

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Dec 2, 2006 -> 07:56 PM)
Don't tell Urban Meyer style points count.

Call them style points or whatever you want. I prefer to consider it "how you play" and playing like s*** and scraping by should not count the same when you have to split hairs to differentiate between two teams.

This game is making me puke right now. Arkansas had all the momentum in the world until that dumbassed play on the punt. The game has completely turned upside down, minutes after Florida was shooting itself in the foot.

This reminds me of Tennessee several years ago when they won the NC. They lucked into two wins that year, one that Arkansas handed to them on a silver platter when all they had to do is take a knee, and the other a last second win against Syracuse (I think) earlier in the year.

Now it's time to see if Arkansas has the cajones to come back.

Different game, but does anyone know why Pat White isn't playing for West Virginia tonight?