Official College Football Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Danielson doing enough to promote Florida right now? f*** him.

I could care less if people vote for Florida, but listening to him campaign makes me want to puke. To act as if Michigan doesn't even deserve consideration is assinine.

Let the SEC whining begin. This next week will be hell living down here, dealing with the whining if Michigan does go to the championship and with the Bama coaching search and a different rumor every hour of the day.

Edited by Rex Hudler

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Dec 2, 2006 -> 08:41 PM)

I could care less if people vote for Florida, but listening to him campaign makes me want to puke. To act as if Michigan doesn't even deserve consideration is assinine.

Let the SEC whining begin. This next week will be hell living down here, dealing with the whining if Michigan does go to the championship and with the Bama coaching search and a different rumor every hour of the day.

He did go a little too far. He can say he thinks Florida should go, but he can't spend 10 minutes on it.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Dec 2, 2006 -> 09:41 PM)

I know I am biased, but I agree with you. Florida does not impress me at all. Barely beat Vandy, South Carolina and FSU. They had to get lucky on a block punt and some f***tard screwing up on a punt later on. If Arkansas had any kind of QB it would have gone the other way.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 2, 2006 -> 06:37 PM)
GATORS FOR TITLE GAME

:cheers

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Dec 2, 2006 -> 06:41 PM)

Spurt in the winter meetings and it makes for one hell of a week :D

Gahh, disregard my earlier post. They do deserve to be in the game, I just don't think they'd win. However, we all know about my predictions (I'm the dumbass who said Florida would lose 3).

Anyone looking forward to Wake Forest vs. Rutgers in the Orange Bowl? :lol:

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Dec 2, 2006 -> 08:40 PM)
Let Florida play OSU. I don't care if they are better than Michigan, they just need to be better than OSU. We already know Michigan isn't.

^^^^^^^^

If mich and OSU play again in the title game its either an OSU title or a split title.

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ Dec 2, 2006 -> 10:40 PM)
Why should Michigan get to play OSU again? They already lost. I think it would hurt the rivalry if OSU and UM play again. Bring someone else on, I would of liked to play USC though.

Thats cause OSu would have smoked USC. UCLA exploited alot of their weaknesses today, and a team with any defensive speed gives them headaches.

The thing is that Michigan lost by 3 in Columbus. What if the game is in Ann Arbor, Michigan wins, and the tables are turned? A rematch can be justified, but I'm not sure it's the best thing for college football. A new opponent would make sense.

Either way, a rematch will bring complaints. If Michigan loses, they'll say Florida should've been in it. If Michigan wins, Ohio State will complain that they had to play them twice. Unless there's a playoff there probably should be no rematch. But with that said, I'm a huge Michigan fan and want to see them in it.

Just want to throw this out there:

I'd only be in favor of a 4 team playoff if a playoff ever arises in the future. Any more and college football will lose all its excitement.

So here's your matchups for the 4 team playoff:

Michigan vs Florida

OSU vs ??????????????

I realize trying to decide the #4 team isn't as quite as important as deciding the #2 team, but my point is that every year you'd more than likely have some problems/debates.

Whether the system is perfect or not (well it's not perfect), one thing is for sure: from week to week, college football is exciting as all hell. You never know what's going to happen, and losses are huge. I mean, if there was an 8 or 16 team playoff, that UCLA win would have meant relatively nothing. USC's in the playoffs anyway. How cool was it to watch that upset today?

I don't know what the solution is, but at least the sport is compelling.

Edited by IlliniKrush