8/12 @ 1:05 PM Game Thread

GoRowand33

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 08:45 PM)
Im going to throw out some MacDougal LOVE here...Hes been awesome since being acquired...KW may not have made the biggest deadline trade, but its turning out to be the best

Does anyone know what MacDougal's career groundball/flyball ratio is? He seems to have a ton of movement on his sinker.

I just have to say that Don Coopers tweaks with Thornton have been the best surprise of the year and without a doubt one of his finest achievements as a pitching coach. Thornton is pitching with confidence and excellent stuff. It is amazing how much we rely on a guy who wasnt even getting mop-up duty and blow-out games a few months ago. Hats off to coop on Thornton.

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 08:47 PM)
do you keep thornton in for the 9th? i only suggest it because bobby pitched yesterday and pitched 2/2/3 innings 3 days ago.

If Jenks is feeling good enough to pitch, you bring him in.

I look at the boxscore today and this is why BA is so important to this team...He gets down in the 2nd and works a walk only to score...gets the bunt down in the 7th which leads to a run, and as usual is SOLID in CF Add an RBI 1B in the 8th too...Yes his average may be down, but man he contributes in SO MANY WAYS!!!

Edited by WSoxMatt

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 01:47 PM)
do you keep thornton in for the 9th? i only suggest it because bobby pitched yesterday and pitched 2/2/3 innings 3 days ago.

No offense to K.C., but with K.C. up next, and a save situation here against the team we're chasing, this is Bobby's game.