8/15 @ 7:05 Game Thread

GoRowand33

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 02:01 AM)
It would be nice if even his biggest admirers see that he probably isn't the guy you want on the mound in games that really need to be won.

I had a feeling he'd not have his good stuff tonight after battling so hard against the Yankees.

Teahen's more dangerous than Sweeney right now.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 09:02 PM)
Javy=Danny Wright with a much bigger contract. Or actually, at least Javy is usually good for 5 innings I guess, so maybe he's a bit better.

It goes to show how far pitching performances have slipped to still be called good. Some people still love Vazquez but thought Danny Wright sucked. Wright had a 5.18 ERA in 2002 and won 14 games for a team not nearly as good as this one. I believe Danny's paycheck was $220,000 total that year.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 02:04 AM)
Yeah that was a total momentum killer. We didn't have the lead, and Gooch was on first. Why send him????

I have no clue. We were smacking the ball around the field against Hernandez. Cora has to realize that not only is Iguchi slow, but Sanders was playing Thome so deep that it didn't take him very long to retrieve the ball.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 09:04 PM)
It goes to show how far pitching performances have slipped to still be called good. Some people still love Vazquez but thought Danny Wright sucked. Wright had a 5.18 ERA in 2002 and won 14 games for a team not nearly as good as this one. I believe Danny's paycheck was $220,000 total that year.

Bingo. ERA's and win totals that are VERY similar to what Javy will end up with this year.

Nice at bat there Joe!!!

Its real often that you see a garbage pitcher shut down the best O in the game. It takes some skill to get yourself out like this. We must love creating a huge hole to climb out of. When Detroit faces the Royals they beat the living crap out of them. When the twins face the Royals, they sweep them at home. When we face the Royals we get shut down by a terrible pitcher, because we are trying to park every pitch.