Official Game Thread 8/16 - KC vs Sox 7:05

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 09:29 PM)
I can't come up with the words to describe how big tomorrow is. We CAN'T lose 3 of 4 to these guys, especially with a very tough roadtrip coming up. Mark needs to DOMINATE tomorrow. f*** the quality start stuff.

yea

especially since all the fans worked so hard for these sellouts against this terrible team that we can't even beat

what a slap in the face it is to us to just play like s*** when we keep filling the park like this

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 09:29 PM)
Even if such a miraculous event would occur, I've learned this season not to select individual moments which may propel ourselves into a "rhythm."

I think I agree with you. I can't count how many times I've said to myself "yes, this is gonna be the play or game that sparks our run."

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 09:35 PM)
I think I agree with you. I can't count how many times I've said to myself "yes, this is gonna be the play or game that sparks our run."

well that ross gload grand slam did lead to improved play

nothing that counts as a run though

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 09:29 PM)
I can't come up with the words to describe how big tomorrow is. We CAN'T lose 3 of 4 to these guys, especially with a very tough roadtrip coming up. Mark needs to DOMINATE tomorrow. f*** the quality start stuff.

The fact that Mark "I will give up the lead and have turned into long ball Marky" is on the hill tomorrow makes me most nervous.

by the way since I wasn't around earlier in the game, has any one else noticed how off-balance Jim Thome is right now when he tries to turn on pitches

it looked like he's leaning back and not completely any transfer of power in his swing, so all the power has to come out of his arms, which may explain why he hasn't pulled a home run in a while

anyone notice this or am I crazy?

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 09:37 PM)
...you realize that if he didn't use the pen, half the fan base would complain that he gave up during a critical series, don't you?

We gave up when we put an outfield of Pods, Mackowiak and Gload out there. Balls can find the holes with that trio out there.

Our manager thinks that we are playing split squad games in Tuscon still.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 09:38 PM)
So did facing terrible pitching. We played terrible that entire Orioles series....we were lucky to win 2 games.

but our offense played well against roy halladay, the yankee bullpen and verlander

and the offensive approach improved somewhat (but seems to have reverted back now)

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 02:38 AM)
by the way since I wasn't around earlier in the game, has any one else noticed how off-balance Jim Thome is right now when he tries to turn on pitches

it looked like he's leaning back and not completely any transfer of power in his swing, so all the power has to come out of his arms, which may explain why he hasn't pulled a home run in a while

anyone notice this or am I crazy?

Thome's wrist issue has made it difficult to pull the ball with authority.

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 02:39 AM)
but our offense played well against roy halladay, the yankee bullpen and verlander

and the offensive approach improved somewhat (but seems to have reverted back now)

We actually caught some big breaks in those games. Maybe Teahen will throw away an easy DP ball tomorrow to help us win.

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 09:39 PM)

When we face good pitching our hitters try to hit whats there. They hit line drives, they think back up the middle and oppo. They take pitches.

When we face a crappy pitcher, our guys eyes light up, they dip the back shoulder and try to let it fly.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 09:35 PM)
The fact that Mark "I will give up the lead and have turned into long ball Marky" is on the hill tomorrow makes me most nervous.

Mark was a Juan Uribe botched double play away from probably throwing a complete game shutout against the Tigers. He's gonna have to be that good tomorrow. I pray the defense is good (Anderson better be in center).

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 02:41 AM)
Mark was a Juan Uribe botched double play away from probably throwing a complete game shutout against the Tigers. He's gonna have to be that good tomorrow. I pray the defense is good (Anderson better be in center).

He looked better, but that's quite the stretch you're making.