Pay Back Time at the Tinky Winky Dome

The Ginger Kid

Love to see Frederico continue his strong outings against the Twins tonight. This series is huge, as big if not bigger than the three games against the kitties last week. To win 2 of 3 we've gotta get it going tonight. Javy vs. Satan on Sunday isn't exactly a favorable match up (then again, neither was Contreras vs. Bernero)

The right-hander is 2-0 with a 3.38 ERA this season against the Twins, winning at home and on the road. Overall, he has won his last three starts against the Twins, and is 8-4 with a 3.38 ERA in 16 career starts against them.

Minnesota counters with rookie Boof Bonser (2-4, 5.56), who's taken over the roster spot for Francisco Liriano after the young phenom went on the disabled list with elbow inflammtion.

Bonser is 2-2 with a 4.71 ERA in four home starts this season, but has lost his last two outings at the Metrodome and failed to pitch into the sixth inning both times.

In a 4-0 loss to Toronto on Sunday, Bonser gave up three runs and seven hits in 5 2-3 innings. After the game, Gardenhire said Bonser would remain in the starting rotation.

"It feels good," Bonser said. "But at the same time, I've just got to go out there in my next start and do the same thing I did tonight: Put up zeros."

The right-hander is making his first career start against the White Sox.

Minnesota's three-game winning streak ended with a 3-2 loss to Cleveland on Thursday. Justin Morneau hit his team-leading 31st homer and Joe Mauer added an RBI single for the Twins, who have lost six of their past nine at the Metrodome.

Git after it!

:gosox1:

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 18, 2006 -> 12:14 PM)
They've lost 6 of 9 at home, so they've been slipping a bit without Francisco. Let's get 2 out of 3 (tonight is essential) and get the hell outta there.

2 out of 3 would be awesome. Sunday is going to be almost impossible as the Twins have won the last 18 starts Santana has made at home, and the Sox counter with Vazquez. If the Sox somehow pull that one out, they must be a team of destiny.

For the next 7 games, it's ok to play slightly better than the level of the competiton. It is not ok to play at their level or worse than their level.

Let's go boys. This stretch right here, if we do our jobs, we can turn this whole season and race on its head.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 18, 2006 -> 09:33 PM)
I just have a bad feeling we are all going to want to pull our hair out after this weekend.

Prove me wrong Sox....

I have a feeling that if we don't win at least one of the first two games of this series, this place will be in full meltdown mode.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 18, 2006 -> 02:36 PM)
I have a feeling that if we don't win at least one of the first two games of this series, this place will be in full meltdown mode.

Santana going on sunday with a chance to put us out of the WC Lead? Yeah, that would be nasty.

Oh, and it wouldn't just be Soxtalk that would be in full meltdown mode, it'd be the 2006 white sox as well.

C'mon you fat, sweaty, lazy bastard. If there is ANY time you are going to find your "big game" mentality, its from now through the rest of the season.

*IF* Mack even runs out on that field once other than to be a late-inning defensive replacement for Pods, I might damage something. After watching his BS on Wednesday night, there is NO reason to give BA a bunch of days off the rest of the year. These games count big now. Having Mack out there is a HUGE liability, especially in that hell-hole dome.

Time to man up....

:fight = Boof

:gosox2:

Hopefully Freddy doesn't intentionally try to throw that high offspeed pitch tonight. No matter what anyone says, it's a bad pitch. This Twins lineup has a lot of speed in it, and you know they'll be running wild on Garcia. We need the offense to step it up this weekend.

It will be interesting to see the intensity level of both teams tonight. Hunter said that the Twins are treating this like a playoff series, and he's worried they'll be too amped up. On the other hand, Buehrle is downplaying the importance of this series. It would sure be nice to win the first game of this series.