The Ginger Kid

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 18, 2006 -> 09:42 PM)
He said "right now". How far back is "right now"? Morneau is having a good all around season, but is no means near the best player in baseball right now.

Would be funny to see what people post if Anderson dives and makes the catch.

"Nice pitch Neal", etc...

Overall, doesn't seem like we are gonna score more than 3. We come back to tie or take the lead and Freddy gave it right back. Freddy isn't a big game pitcher, he just says he is.

Morneau has been the best hitter in baseball the past 2 1/2 months. Ozzie gave the Twins biggest run producer the opportunity to put the game away, and he was burned.

QUOTE(jasonxctf @ Aug 18, 2006 -> 09:44 PM)
maybe all of the Vazquez > Garcia thoughts on this board may play true on Sunday. I doubt it though.

Vazquez has no room for error Sunday. He's going to need to pitch the game of his life. The White Sox still have only 5 wins this season scoring 3 or less. Getting 4 off Santana is going to be difficult.

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 02:44 AM)
Just got back from Snakes on a Plane (excellent movie by the way), what happened so far? I see the crappy score, but who's to blame?

the entire team doesnt seem motivated to play/win tonight. Freddy seemed weak. Ozzie seemed misguided.

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 18, 2006 -> 09:44 PM)
Just got back from Snakes on a Plane (excellent movie by the way), what happened so far? I see the crappy score, but who's to blame?

Justin Morneau should be treated like Barry Bonds on roids.

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 02:44 AM)

We let an average player over the last 7 games beat us. :P

Our 3-4-5 is awesome, the rest of the guys seem tired.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 18, 2006 -> 09:46 PM)
Vazquez has no room for error Sunday. He's going to need to pitch the game of his life. The White Sox still have only 5 wins this season scoring 3 or less. Getting 4 off Santana is going to be difficult.

I think it is obvious how Sunday will go. 0-0 after 5 innings, Ozzie leaves Javy out there in the 6th to give up 2 runs.

We lose 2-0.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 02:47 AM)
I think it is obvious how Sunday will go. 0-0 after 5 innings, Ozzie leaves Javy out there in the 6th to give up 2 runs.

We lose 2-0.

We'll have a 2-0 lead going into the 6th.

This thread needs more wrestling.

I have to leave soon....but I'll say this: tomorrow's game is as important as there can be with 40 games left in the year. It is comforting knowing that even if we get swept, we'll only be one game out. In any non-2005 year, I would have jumped at that chance.