White Sox vs Twins 1:10 pm CSN

WSoxMatt

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 02:18 PM)
come on, seriously, how many of you really thought Javier was going to beat Johan today? We needed a win Friday to have any chance of winning this series. I'm just glad we didn't get swept.

agree. that 1 run showed a possablity. but I came into this game expecting to lose and the guys are gift wrapping it more than they need to.

O well. great golf on right now so who needs this s***.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 02:17 PM)
Here's the question I would love to hear answered: what did McCarthy not do last season that made KW/Ozzie feel like he couldn't be a starting pitcher this season?

He's not related to or a good friend of Ozzie, and his name is not Jose McCarthez.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 02:18 PM)
Cant totally blame Javy for this one, PK has had a rough game, and Pablo's D in LF has been far from impressive.

He's being paid $12 million a year, he should be able to minimize damage. 4 runs is too much, but like I said earlier, there was little chance the Sox were going to win today anyway, and even though the had the lead and Santana hasn't been too overpowering, they only have scored 1 run.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 07:17 PM)
Here's the question I would love to hear answered: what did McCarthy not do last season that made KW/Ozzie feel like he couldn't be a starting pitcher this season?

He got absolutely torched his first stint up. When he came back in September, he was decent, but he won't do it again this season for two reasons - 1 - he isn't stretched out, and 2 - he's been scouted now and he will be eaten alive in a starter's role if he's put there this season.

Texas has just jumped into the lead on Detroit...down 6-0, now up 7-6....we had a golden chance today, but Javy is not capable of pitching around errors, not capable of not throwing meatballs, not capable of getting thru more than the lineup 3 times, not capable of helping this team win a title...

He needs to be dealt...for anything we can get.

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 02:21 PM)
Texas has just jumped into the lead on Detroit...down 6-0, now up 7-6....we had a golden chance today, but Javy is not capable of pitching around errors, not capable of not throwing meatballs, not capable of getting thru more than the lineup 3 times, not capable of helping this team win a title...

How about Todd Ritchie?

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 12:19 PM)
He still gave up 4 rocket hits that inning.

Well Pk started the innig with an error, after striking out to end the last one with a risp. And the Ball Bartlett hit to LF, could have been caught by a competent LF......... Not saying Javy's not to blame, but he sure didnt get much help Defensively

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 02:21 PM)
He got absolutely torched his first stint up. When he came back in September, he was decent, but he won't do it again this season for two reasons - 1 - he isn't stretched out, and 2 - he's been scouted now and he will be eaten alive in a starter's role if he's put there this season.

How is that different than what Javy is doing?

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 02:21 PM)

Expecting anyone to pitch a shutout, let alone Javy Vazquez is asking for a lot. The guy is an average pitcher, his stats don't lie.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 07:21 PM)

I know it's a lost cause for him to start the rest of this season. I put absolutely no stock into his first few starts last year, as he wasn't pitching with all of his pitches. When he came back up, he was showing that he could definitely be an effective starter at this level. If we're going to judge guys based on how they looked when they first came up, then KW should have never let Brian Anderson be our starting CF at the beginning of this year after how awful he looked last year.

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 07:22 PM)
So what the hell is the differnce in this and what Javy gives us?

Look, Javy's been a tool. We all know that. It's an understatement, in fact. But, given the situation as it exisits TODAY he has to stay where he is.

I hate to say it, but Javy's going to be here a while. Now Freddy, on the other hand...

Decent? He and Contreras put us in the playoffs last year.

Kap Bmac was a bit better than decent last September. He cant be stretched out this year, its too late.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 07:23 PM)
I know it's a lost cause for him to start the rest of this season. I put absolutely no stock into his first few starts last year, as he wasn't pitching with all of his pitches. When he came back up, he was showing that he could definitely be an effective starter at this level. If we're going to judge guys based on how they looked when they first came up, then KW should have never let Brian Anderson be our starting CF at the beginning of this year after how awful he looked last year.

Now that I can agree with. I think he should have been given the chance right away this year, but the trade for Javy blew that.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 07:24 PM)
Look, Javy's been a tool. We all know that. It's an understatement, in fact. But, given the situation as it exisits TODAY he has to stay where he is.

I hate to say it, but Javy's going to be here a while. Now Freddy, on the other hand...

I completely agree with this. And there's no doubt in my mind I'd rather have Vazquez next year than Garcia.

If he isn't any good, then why the hell does everybody want him, and why the hell won't KW upgrade his roster by dealing him? IMO McCarthy is at worst the 4th best starter on the roster.