Cotts

Chet Lemon

I was a Neal Cotts fan as he came up through our farm system and I thought he would be great out of the bullpen even before the '05 season, but he is worthless know. I was in KC about a month ago watching him pitch after a rain delay, and it was a joke. Not to mention ever since then. Is it possible to option him to AAA until he shows he can get guys out? I don't know who to replace him with, but this guy pushes me to the ledge as much as Marte did.

QUOTE(Chet Lemon @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 09:40 AM)
I was a Neal Cotts fan as he came up through our farm system and I thought he would be great out of the bullpen even before the '05 season, but he is worthless know. I was in KC about a month ago watching him pitch after a rain delay, and it was a joke. Not to mention ever since then. Is it possible to option him to AAA until he shows he can get guys out? I don't know who to replace him with, but this guy pushes me to the ledge as much as Marte did.

He's awful right now no question, but he isn't going to Charlotte. Their season is over in a week, and then they have playoffs.

Neal Cotts hasn't been good for a long time when called from the pen. What could be wrong? Is he that out of form then when he pitched last year. He had a 1.93 ERA or something last season and every game he pitches in now he gets blasted.

But, in his defense it seeme the whole bullpen other than Jenks has been a hit or miss proposition. One game they are good and the next we have like yesterday. 3 innings pitches and 6 runs given up plus that inevitable home run they surrender.

QUOTE(TLAK @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 09:44 AM)
Jerry Owens was on White Sox weekly a few minutes ago and said he heard through his agent that 'something' might happen today. Thats all he said.

I wonder if that something would be him getting traded or him replacing Pods in the outfield.

QUOTE(TLAK @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 11:44 AM)
Jerry Owens was on White Sox weekly a few minutes ago and said he heard through his agent that 'something' might happen today. Thats all he said.

He hasn't played in 2 weeks, and hasn't played well in a year. Somehow I doubt that 'something' is him getting called up.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 12:43 PM)
He hasn't played in 2 weeks, and hasn't played well in a year. Somehow I doubt that 'something' is him getting called up.

I heard he is getting the call up today, can't confirm in print but have some inside info. I am sure it will come out later today.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 02:49 PM)
If he's getting called up, does this mean Thome is being DL'ed?

That could very well be the case. Its interesting considering he last played on August 10th. That said he was making some strides prior to going down. You just wouldn't think a guy that hasn't played in two weeks would get called up, than again with Ozzie sometimes our callups make little to no sense because if he likes a guy he wants him up regardless of how he's doing in AAA.