Brian

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(GOD @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 07:25 PM)
I'm just tormenting you guys seeing who the true believers are. Don't worry the Sox will win this one 7-6 scoring 3 in the 8th, on their way to winning the division. Detroit will also lose 5-4.

Well you're really tormenting us right now, it's 5-1.

Our pitching is just painful to watch.

You know, McCarthy really should have been traded for something that could help our team. If the manager has a staff with all pitchers with 4+ ERAs, and 3 of them have 5+ ERA post-ASB, and he's still refusing to start a pitcher who basically bailed the team out at this time last year, then what does that say about Ozzie's opinion on McCarthy?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 12:26 AM)
I feel sick.

Nah, this is funny in one of those bad ways. I was thinking about this earlier: I get pissed off when we lose this year, but it's not even close to the emotions I had around this time last year. I remember feeling like my body temperature increase by 20 degrees when Bobby Jenks blew a save against Aaron Boone.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 05:25 PM)
Last year I suggested that the team's theme song should be Don't Stop Believin' long before it actually became our song. This year, I suggest Give It Away by RHCP.

"Oh Jimmy Crack Corn, and I don't care..."

This game is over. Hopefully Buerhle will have something tomorrow or a sweep is assured. This game makes it 7 out of 8 the Twins have taken from the Sox, including the last 5 at USCF. Too bad they didn't require playoff ticket money to be due yesterday instead of the 31st. I bet a lot of people drop out.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 12:27 AM)
With our inability to get get any kind of consistency out of the rotation, and the Twins just man-handling us constantly, I'm starting to think this year is over.

You mean every year besides last season?

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 07:27 PM)
Jose C. sure ain't himself.

Put him on the DL if he must go on the DL Sox.

Put him out of his misery.

Maybe he is himself and the 2nd half of last year and first half this year wasn't himself.