White Sox vs. Royals......Goin for the Series

letsgoarow

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 03:04 PM)
That's actually a great point about adjustments. Ozzie's idiotic quotes in today's paper show just how stupid he is. We should thank our lucky starts every night that our starting pitching got on a roll in the playoffs.

Tom Kelly disagrees with you. :P

heh :D

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 03:06 PM)
Pull baseball. Its hard to believe that this is the 7th best offense in the AL since the allstar break. Whoops it used to be number 1, then they fell in love with pull and lift.

actually reality caught up with them

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 02:40 PM)
Can someone please calculate what our starting pitchers ERA is against AL teams this season?

25 minutes later.... Google spreadsheets doesn't allow that many cells. f***er crashed my computer.

The answer, after opening up Office, is 4.69 for the season removing the NL. and 4.96 since the ASG

Guys like Rodgers, Moyer, Redman, whatever want right handers to pull their weak ass fastball on the outside corner to the SS and 3rd baseman. To beat this type of pitcher, either they have to make mistakes over the middle, or you have to go oppo on it.

But going oppo would cause Gregs head to explode.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 03:05 PM)
How about the team. Can we worry about the team getting the W, I could care less which pitcher gets the W as long as we do.

I was being sarcastic and forgot to use teal.

I definately value the team's W more than Freddy's.

QUOTE(TaylorStSox @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 08:08 PM)
Ozzie managed the same way last year. This year the pitching, for the most part, sucks. All of the adjustments in the world aren't going to change that.

My grandma could have managed last year's team to a good record. Last year, he was more concerned with putting the best defense on the field. This year, it's opposite. Last year, he managed according to his gut. This year, he's all about match-ups.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 08:08 PM)
Guys like Rodgers, Moyer, Redman, whatever want right handers to pull their weak ass fastball on the outside corner to the SS and 3rd baseman. To beat this type of pitcher, either they have to make mistakes over the middle, or you have to go oppo on it.

How about the fact that Thome used to be a 2nd half player, and has been a disappointment in the 2nd half this year? Meanwhile, Frank Thomas is on a team notorious for being amazing in the 2nd half, and he's going nuts.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 02:08 PM)

You mean this has happened before against soft tossing lefties? Yet Greg and Ozzie haven't made the ADJUSTMENTS?

Funny.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 08:07 PM)
actually reality caught up with them

I still remember people calling me crazy when I said we needed to upgrade our offense at the trade deadline more than we needed to upgrade our pitching. There's only so much you can to do upgrade pitching, but there are a lot of offensive options that we could have looked into.

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 03:10 PM)
You mean this has happened before against soft tossing lefties? Yet Greg and Ozzie haven't made the ADJUSTMENTS?

Funny.

Since 2000 any soft tossing lefty or more to the point, anyone spotting a fastball away can dominate this team.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 03:08 PM)
Am I allowed to say that this team has quit on Ozzie? Also, does anyone know what our record is since the comment made about Mariotti?

The team hasn't quit. There are huge holes in the team, however, and those holes are using Ozzie's admission from yesterday "his guys"