White Sox vs. Royals......Goin for the Series

letsgoarow

QUOTE(bunkerf16 @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 08:49 PM)
Question for you Sox fans........how many in here thought Ozzie was a good manager last year, and how much of the "Ozzie Sucks" mantra going on here is because of frustration with how the team is playing......Did you guys think Ozzie sucked last year too, and they won dispite him, or has his management style changed since last year.....

Thanks.....

I thought he sucked last year. However, when you have amazing starting pitching and a bullpen which is untouchable, any manager will get good results.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(bunkerf16 @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 03:49 PM)
Question for you Sox fans........how many in here thought Ozzie was a good manager last year, and how much of the "Ozzie Sucks" mantra going on here is because of frustration with how the team is playing......Did you guys think Ozzie sucked last year too, and they won dispite him, or has his management style changed since last year.....

Thanks.....

Not for the game thread, check the first page of Pale Hose, many Ozzie threads. ANd welcome to soxtalk :cheers

QUOTE(bunkerf16 @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 04:49 PM)

Thanks.....

They won last year because of the outrageous pitching they got. Any manager in baseball history basically would've won it all with that staff.

I have long said that Ozzie is a terrible in-game manager.

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 03:49 PM)
White Sox will need a major overhaul in the off-season...the pitching sucks. Kenny made the trades he thought would get us another ring this year, but its not going to happen...we are being done by .220 hitters, AAA players, and pitchers with +6 eras, losing to the likes of Tampa and KC, teams going nowhere. We are old, can't run, aren't smart, have a manager who seems to manage his pitchers differently depending on their birthplace. We are in a division competing with teams with some of the best young talent in baseball, much of it due to blossom next year with even Cleveland starting to look better. This team, as it stands now, has no chance to compete next year and is looking more and more like a 4th place team. We have the "names" to reload and its time to. This team is finished. I'm going camping, later.

Agreed, Jose + Gload + Uribe + Cotts to Baltimore for Tejada + Daniel Cabera.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 08:50 PM)
Apparently not the White Sox.

I love how you bring up the fact that Hawk and people on this board said Ozzie would never let the team sleepwalk through a season like they're doing now.

QUOTE(beautox @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 08:52 PM)
Agreed, Jose + Gload + Uribe + Cotts to Baltimore for Tejada + Daniel Cabera.

Ha...there's not a person on that list the Orioles would want.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 03:51 PM)
They won last year because of the outrageous pitching they got. Any manager in baseball history basically would've won it all with that staff.

I have long said that Ozzie is a terrible in-game manager.

I would argue that he is also a terrible outside the game manager too. Making out stupids line ups (Mack in CF, Freddy still starting) and baiting the media are not positive ways to impact your team.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 08:53 PM)
That's what terrifies me.

If they get rained out today, their rotation will be a little better in our series since they'll be able to pitch Beckett. I know he's sucked lately, but he's better than what we would have faced.

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 03:49 PM)
White Sox will need a major overhaul in the off-season...the pitching sucks. Kenny made the trades he thought would get us another ring this year, but its not going to happen...we are being done by .220 hitters, AAA players, and pitchers with +6 eras, losing to the likes of Tampa and KC, teams going nowhere. We are old, can't run, aren't smart, have a manager who seems to manage his pitchers differently depending on their birthplace. We are in a division competing with teams with some of the best young talent in baseball, much of it due to blossom next year with even Cleveland starting to look better. This team, as it stands now, has no chance to compete next year and is looking more and more like a 4th place team. We have the "names" to reload and its time to. This team is finished. I'm going camping, later.

We won't need an overhaul. We're perfectly set to contend for years to come because this team is built for the long-haul. Our pitching is signed through at least 2007 and that's a good thing. I read this on a blog, and it was posted on soxtalk, so it must be right.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 03:54 PM)
If they get rained out today, their rotation will be a little better in our series since they'll be able to pitch Beckett. I know he's sucked lately, but he's better than what we would have faced.

We hit fastball pitchers better.

I kinda hope we don't make the playoffs for a couple of reasons. This team doesn't deserve to make it to the playoffs. And if we do make the playoffs, it will give this organization an excuse not to make any major changes. I never thought I'd say it, but I wouldn't mind not having Thome on the team next year, and having more of a speed and contact oriented team. But that's not gonna happen.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 03:55 PM)
I kinda hope we don't make the playoffs for a couple of reasons. This team doesn't deserve to make it to the playoffs. And if we do make the playoffs, it will give this organization an excuse not to make any major changes. I never thought I'd say it, but I wouldn't mind not having Thome on the team next year, and having more of a speed and contact oriented team. But that's not gonna happen.

Fan of the year.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 03:55 PM)

:canada

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 03:51 PM)
I thought he sucked last year. However, when you have amazing starting pitching and a bullpen which is untouchable, any manager will get good results.

Putting Marte on the playoff roster instead of McCarthy was moronic.

Ozzie's use of Marte last year was horrendous. He regularly used Marte before Cotts, even though Cotts was one of the best lefty relievers in the game last year.