Has this team quit?

fathom

I see absolutely no hustle by our core players, no urgency by our coaching staff, and just no enthusiasm by anyone on or off the field. It's sad that the only people who are hustling are Ozuna, Gload, Mackowiak, Sweeney, and Sandy. Someone might want to tell guys like Crede, Dye, and PK that the season isn't over at the end of August. The good news is that I have absolutely zero confidence that Guillen can turn this ship around.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 08:27 PM)
I see absolutely no hustle by our core players, no urgency by our coaching staff, and just no enthusiasm by anyone on or off the field. It's sad that the only people who are hustling are Ozuna, Gload, Mackowiak, Sweeney, and Sandy. Someone might want to tell guys like Crede, Dye, and PK that the season isn't over at the end of August. The good news is that I have absolutely zero confidence that Guillen can turn this ship around.

no heart either

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 07:27 PM)

Not only have the quit, they are trying their hardeest to piss off the fans on this board. Not for any particular reason either. Just for the hell of it.

It's been such a horrible second half. I really hope that regardless of what happens KW makes some significant moves next offseason. This team the last five years has just been atrocious in the second half of the season. Always has been, always will be.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 01:28 AM)
Not only have the quit, they are trying their hardeest to piss off the fans on this board. Not for any particular reason either. Just for the hell of it.

Thanks for the quality post. I feel honored that you only seem to respond to me now.

QUOTE(atrain081 @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 01:29 AM)
It's been such a horrible second half. I really hope that regardless of what happens KW makes some significant moves next offseason. This team the last five years has just been atrocious in the second half of the season. Always has been, always will be.

How about he never, ever, ever asks players on the team if they think an upgrade is needed? It's like asking a parent if they would like to upgrade over their children. They're never going to say yes, even if it's obvious.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 08:28 PM)

Dont you have a post game show on 670 to get ready for.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 07:29 PM)
Thanks for the quality post. I feel honored that you only seem to respond to me now.

Nobody seems to have so many awful posts as you, so yes, I would say you have a special distinction.

Though the guy with the ridiculous post on Paul is trying for that distinction.

Edited by jphat007

Only players who have not quit...

Ryan Sweeney, Pablo Ozuna, Jon Garland, Mark Buehrle, Javier Vazquez, Ross Gload, Sandy Alomar, Chris Stewart, Charlie Haeger, Boone Logan, Matt Thornton, Mike MacDougal, Brian Anderson, David Riske, Rob Mackowaik, and maybe Alex Cintron and Bobby Jenks. Did you notice, most of the players I just mentioned are either backups, or just got called up.

hmmmmm, makes you think.

nobody's quit, its more of a lack of urgency that they need to be showing

who's going to turn it around

we have about 20 games left and there is no sign of improvement from the beginning of the year

the times now guys, lets not wait until next year to play well as a team, I just don't understand how 20 guys + a coaching staff can't realize that

This team is just confusing. Basically the whole year it's been the hitting, no pitching. Now we are pitching better now than we did all season, and our hitting is sucking. If it ain't one thing, it's another. BTW, I missed most of the game, and I see that Sweeney started. I hope he looked good. ;)

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 08:31 PM)
Nobody seems to have so many awful posts as you, so yes, I would say you have a special distinction.

Awful=contrary to your opinion, it seems.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 01:31 AM)

Thanks for the personal attack. You've really been missed. Do you really think this is an awful post? You really don't think this team has quit?

I think my sig says it all. The one good thing about Ozzie was supposed to be that he was a great motivator and brought out the best in players. Certainly not this year. He's yawning his way through this season and his team is following suit. He's acting like he doesn't much care. "Another loss? These things happen. *Yawn*." And the team is playing like they don't care either.

What is Ozzie good for?