Will the Sox make the playoffs?

SoxHawk1980

Personally, I think the inconsistent play means they won't make the playoffs. For every great game like Freddy's gem today, there is a lackluster performance and a loss. That isn't going to cut it. I don't see the Sox overtaking the Twins or Tigers.

I'm going to guess that the Sox get eliminated in the second game of the Twins series, September 30.

Well, if the other one was closed, what do you think?

I've asked a couple mods and they told me they didn't close it so they don't know why it might have been closed. Frankly there is no rational reason to close it.

Can anyone tell me why the topic of whether or not the Sox will make the playoffs isn't an appropriate topic of discussion? On the contrary, it is the most salient Sox baseball issue right now.

Well, asking White Sox fans when they believe the team will be eliminated in itself is pretty much outright rude.

I also think everyone pretty much is well aware of their opinion on whether they feel if the Sox will make the playoffs or not...I feel that every other thread on here, as well as the game thread and the post-game thread do it justice too.

I'm not really trying to start anything, but I kinda did already.

However, on the topic at hand, my opinion hasn't changed in the past 4 hours or whatever it's been - this team is playing too inconsistently right now for me to make a true judgment of them. One day they look great, the next they get shutdown by Kason f***in Gabbard, they next they walk-off with a victory, and the next they look like piss again. It is just waaaay to hard to tell at this point in time.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 06:27 PM)
Personally, I think the inconsistent play means they won't make the playoffs. For every great game like Freddy's gem today, there is a lackluster performance and a loss. That isn't going to cut it. I don't see the Sox overtaking the Twins or Tigers.

I'm going to guess that the Sox get eliminated in the second game of the Twins series, September 30.

No way. I cant believe you feel this way.

in regards to the question at hand, I believe the Sox are going to pull it out one way or another. I dont know how, but I just have a feeling that they will. I am pretty happy with the starting pitching recently, but now the bullpen is throwing games away left and right(handed). The offense is still pretty damned good, despite some recent problems. Hopefully the Sox can do something so it doesnt come down to having to sweep Minnesota in the final week of the season.

in regards to the question at hand, I believe the Sox are going to pull it out one way or another. I dont know how, but I just have a feeling that they will.

You just have a feeling that everything will turn out ok for the Sox? I can't believe you feel this way.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 10:34 PM)
You just have a feeling that everything will turn out ok for the Sox? I can't believe you feel this way.

Yet, I somehow manage to stay conversational without trashing my favorite team every chance I get.

Shouldnt you be creating a thread about how you dont like the site banner and asking for predictions on when it will be taken down?

Edited by kyyle23

Yet, I somehow manage to stay conversational without trashing my favorite team every chance I get.

Genuine critiques of my team are good baseball talk. Must everything be positive?

Shouldnt you be creating a thread about how you dont like the site banner and asking for predictions on when it will be taken down?

More childish personal attacks. Why don't you talk baseball and discuss the topic of the thread instead of ad hominem attacks (which are supposed to be prohibited on this site).

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Sep 14, 2006 -> 12:12 AM)
Genuine critiques of my team are good baseball talk. Must everything be positive?

More childish personal attacks. Why don't you talk baseball and discuss the topic of the thread instead of ad hominem attacks (which are supposed to be prohibited on this site).

Honestly, you make it worse by responding. You will likely continue when you see this and try to insult me.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Sep 14, 2006 -> 12:12 AM)

There's a difference between good critiques and "so.. when will the Sox be eliminated?". A rather large difference.

There's a difference between good critiques and "so.. when will the Sox be eliminated?". A rather large difference.

Actually, the topic of this thread is "Will the Sox make the playoffs?" The subquestion is only for those who think the Sox won't make the playoffs. So a good fan doesn't question whether or not the Sox will make the playoffs? A good fan just closes his eyes and assumes everything will be fine? A guess a good fan just doesn't analyze anything.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Sep 14, 2006 -> 12:41 AM)
Actually, the topic of this thread is "Will the Sox make the playoffs?" The subquestion is only for those who think the Sox won't make the playoffs. So a good fan doesn't question whether or not the Sox will make the playoffs? A good fan just closes his eyes and assumes everything will be fine? A guess a good fan just doesn't analyze anything.

Actually, a good fan doesnt predict the date the Sox will be eliminated from the playoffs in as many threads as possible.

Kap summed it up pretty well in the other thread exactly like this one. Im sure you have read it.

Edited by kyyle23