Mariners @ Sox 7:05 PM Gamethread

MHizzle85

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, you can contine sporting your superfan outfit and suggesting we "DON'T STOP BELIEVIN'" but I see no difference in how the season ends. Whether it's winning 8 of 10 or losing 10 straight.

Hell, improve our draft position while we're at it. A good losing streak can help our position 4-5 spots!!!!

Ultimately, I'm more interested in watching Sweeney/Fields/Haegar/Logan play than some veterans mailing it in the final week. f*** them. They had 152 games to prove themselves. Step off the field and let fans witness the future of this ballclub.

I'll root for a Vazquez blowup if it means the remaining games are full of young prospects.

What the hell does it matter if he pitches well with absolutely no pressure against a mediocre Seattle club?

You obviously aren't a fan of the White Sox.

This isn't the NBA or NFL. Draft postion isn't important especially when you consider how many draftees actually make it to the bigs, along with drafting HS players who might go to college, signability, and most important, scouting.

I really don't get your obsession with minor leaguers.

Why does Ozzie Continue with the Lefty/righty/lefty lineup orders when there is a lefty on the mound?

Edited by santo=dorf

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 07:18 PM)
Hey, you can contine sporting your superfan outfit and suggesting we "DON'T STOP BELIEVIN'" but I see no difference in how the season ends. Whether it's winning 8 of 10 or losing 10 straight.

Hell, improve our draft position while we're at it. A good losing streak can help our position 4-5 spots!!!!

Ultimately, I'm more interested in watching Sweeney/Fields/Haegar/Logan play than some veterans mailing it in the final week. f*** them. They had 152 games to prove themselves. Step off the field and let fans witness the future of this ballclub.

I'll root for a Vazquez blowup if it means the remaining games are full of young prospects.

What the hell does it matter if he pitches well with absolutely no pressure against a mediocre Seattle club?

well shouldn't you hope your favorite team wins every game, regardless of whether or not the games matter? I don't know, that's just me.

and why is that some people are saying this team has quit (I'm not saying you have), yet now you want them to quit? we'll see the future of the team in 2007, and even though it is unlikely we make the playoffs (to say the least), I want our best players giving their all until we are mathematically eliminated.

QUOTE(AirScott @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 07:28 PM)
well shouldn't you hope your favorite team wins every game, regardless of whether or not the games matter? I don't know, that's just me.

and why is that some people are saying this team has quit (I'm not saying you have), yet now you want them to quit? we'll see the future of the team in 2007, and even though it is unlikely we make the playoffs (to say the least), I want our best players giving their all until we are mathematically eliminated.

I guess I'm the only honest person left on Soxtalk.

Someone who doesn't have to give people the impression he cares whether his favorite ballclub (to Seattle, of course) wins meaningless games. I can't even stand watching them play on TV. Thus, I'll cheer for their defeat from within Soxtalk. Next year, perhaps when they're not "tired," "battered" or any other excuse Konerko or others may use, I'll revert to cheering for them.

You think we'll see the future of this team in 07'? Not if Guillen has his input.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 07:37 PM)
And to think that some Sox fans say that Juan Uribe is the best defensive SS in baseball. Laughable.

He is. One play does not determine whether a player is the best at anything, a whole career does.

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 07:30 PM)
Can you teach me to be just like you?

Step 1: Remove whoever that hell is that scruffy looking child molestor from your avatar.

Step 2: Displace your fan loyalty from the White Sox to the immortal Seattle Mariners.

Step 3: Repeatedly ask, "Where's our Liriano!!!1111 (or) "Tyler Lispcum", as Santo=Dorf would say.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Step 1: Remove whomever that hell is that scruffy looking child molestor from your avatar.

Step 2: Displace your fan loyalty from the White Sox to the immortal Seattle Mariners.

Step 3: Repeatedly ask, "Where's our Liriano!!!1111 (or) "Tyler Lispcum", as Santo=Dorf would say.

You also forgot step 4; preach about radar gun readings and strikeout totals.

If the Sox were looking to move a guy like Javy Vazquez, wouldn't any right Sox fan want him to pitch well to improve his trade value and help the team?

Edited by santo=dorf

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 05:40 PM)
I defy you to find one human being who isn't a Sox fan who agrees that Juan Uribe is the best defensive SS in baseball. I don't think you'll find one.

Based on the development he showed at the position last year, he damn well should have been this year. But, like so many other things this season...'twas not to be.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 07:40 PM)
I defy you to find one human being who isn't a Sox fan who agrees that Juan Uribe is the best defensive SS in baseball. I don't think you'll find one.

This is from 05, yes, but the point is there: http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article...sp&c_id=mlb

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 07:41 PM)
Misplayed an infield pop-up and watched it hit the ground untouched.

You sure you watching this game? It hit off of his glove right before he tried to avoid running into Crede..

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 12:37 AM)
He is. One play does not determine whether a player is the best at anything, a whole career does.

His defense this year has been nowhere near as good and crisp as it was in the past. Uribe has 4 home games left in his Sox career.