PS3

IlliniKrush

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Nov 20, 2006 -> 01:20 AM)
The controller is similar to that of the Wii in that you can move it around to do controls, the graphics are superior, and it runs on blue ray so you can start buying the next generation of stuff instead of DvD's. Really it depends what games you like too, if your a diehard halo fan and love deadrising/gears of war than the 360 is your system. If you love Final Fantasy and than there are a few amazing games for ps3 like Dark Kingdom(an mmorpg), Resistance: fall of man(like during world war times but fighting aliens.. kind of like ps3's version of Gears.), or this pimp ass dragon game i cant remember the name of.

0-spyro-pose-1.gif

is it this guy?? :P

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Nov 20, 2006 -> 12:20 AM)
The controller is similar to that of the Wii in that you can move it around to do controls, the graphics are superior, and it runs on blue ray so you can start buying the next generation of stuff instead of DvD's. Really it depends what games you like too, if your a diehard halo fan and love deadrising/gears of war than the 360 is your system. If you love Final Fantasy and than there are a few amazing games for ps3 like Dark Kingdom(an mmorpg), Resistance: fall of man(like during world war times but fighting aliens.. kind of like ps3's version of Gears.), or this pimp ass dragon game i cant remember the name of.

I pretty much only play sports games. Thats the reason I have always liked PlayStation, I think they have better sports games. I was just curious if it is worth the extra money. Like Rock said above I could see the BluRay becoming a problem and not working after a period of time. In the WSJ today they had a clip about a team that took the PS3 apart. They said that Sony packed a lot of stuff into such a tight space and it took some special design technology or what not. That all means to me that it will break sooner or later. I have had 3 PS2s. All of them went bad with Disc Read Errors.

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ Nov 21, 2006 -> 06:07 PM)
I pretty much only play sports games. Thats the reason I have always liked PlayStation, I think they have better sports games. I was just curious if it is worth the extra money. Like Rock said above I could see the BluRay becoming a problem and not working after a period of time. In the WSJ today they had a clip about a team that took the PS3 apart. They said that Sony packed a lot of stuff into such a tight space and it took some special design technology or what not. That all means to me that it will break sooner or later. I have had 3 PS2s. All of them went bad with Disc Read Errors.

That sucks. I finally got the nerve to open mine the other day and fix that error. It's pretty easy.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Nov 21, 2006 -> 10:15 PM)
well I dont know what you do to your systems lol, i have one ps2 and never had a problem with it lol. Also there are warranty's for a reason lol. And no the dragon game wasnt cartoonish im thinking of lol...

If he has 3 that were made around the same time (I think the SCPH 30001 or something) then they all have that problem sooner of later. It has nothing to do with the owner. Mine has been immaculate like the day I took it out of the box and it gave me problems after a few years.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Nov 21, 2006 -> 09:15 PM)
well I dont know what you do to your systems lol, i have one ps2 and never had a problem with it lol. Also there are warranty's for a reason lol. And no the dragon game wasnt cartoonish im thinking of lol...

I believe this is the game you are thinking of...

Lair for PS3

Yeah the Disc Read Error was annoying, but very easy to fix. I cleaned my laser probably 10 times, just make sure none of the wires become un-attached. That's not something that is easily fixable :ph34r: and eventually forced me to buy a new PS2 about 6 months ago. Be forewarned, if you open your PS2, you void any possible warranty or the ability to send it in to be fixed.

My PS2s were all backed by Sonys warranty so I didnt have to worry about buying another one. I do leave my PS2s on all the time though. I just dont like saving games and dealing with the slow load times. I shut them off maybe once every 2-3 months.

Edited by THEWOOD

• 4 weeks later...
QUOTE(Brian @ Dec 17, 2006 -> 10:02 PM)
Reading stories about how bad PS1 and PS2 games look on the PS3.

Has anyone had any problems with the catalog of games available for the Wii? I really havent heard anything at all about the downloadable games.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Dec 18, 2006 -> 09:22 PM)
Is this the catch-all video game thread?

If so, someone please try and convince me that Smackdown vs. Raw is not the greatest thing ever invented by anyone in the history of the world.

Ok, WTF is up with this storyline? :bang

• 4 months later...
QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Apr 20, 2007 -> 12:41 PM)
So has anyone found a great deal for a 360? I am looking to buy one within the next few weeks. I hear overstock.com is great.

i was at a Music/pawn store.....and the owner bought a 360 for 130 then put it up for sale for 240....

QUOTE(Purdue129 @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 07:59 PM)
If you don't have a preorder in and you want one on the release day you should probably plan on getting in line in a few hours. The ridiculously small amount of units available in the U.S. this weekend will be gone in a heartbeat.

Also, there are some pretty strong rumors going around that Fry's will only be selling the PS3 in a bundle. If you want one you'll also have to buy 8 games. They aren't publicizing it now, but associates had been sharing the info earlier this week.

People should definitely plan to move all scheduled therapy sessions aside when it comes to this system. It's a counseling session in itself. Especially if you're single, great way to pass the time.

:cheers

• 5 weeks later...

Since we don't seem to have a catch-all video game thread -- we probably should -- I know that people in the past have brought up the game Oblivion for XBox 360. I just rented it as I'm looking for a decent game to get into to tide me over until some of the fall/winter games (Halo, GTA, NCAA Football, Madden) come out.

Anyways -- can somebody direct me to a website that gives a type of 'tutorial' on Oblivion? I'm familar with these types of RPGs -- I played Diablo for the computer which seems very similar -- but I'm still quite confused as to what everything does, what stuff you should be picking up, what some of the symbols mean.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 20, 2007 -> 06:55 PM)
Since we don't seem to have a catch-all video game thread -- we probably should -- I know that people in the past have brought up the game Oblivion for XBox 360. I just rented it as I'm looking for a decent game to get into to tide me over until some of the fall/winter games (Halo, GTA, NCAA Football, Madden) come out.

Anyways -- can somebody direct me to a website that gives a type of 'tutorial' on Oblivion? I'm familar with these types of RPGs -- I played Diablo for the computer which seems very similar -- but I'm still quite confused as to what everything does, what stuff you should be picking up, what some of the symbols mean.

I agree that we need a catch all video game thread. I still can't figure out what system to get (PS3 or 360).