Rangers Have Interest in Garland

Jimbo's Drinker

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 04:51 PM)
To keep prospects or to turn them into another player...i just dont like trading someone you know will be good for the unknown. I very much dislike the premise of prospects.

Yes but what did he say. Did he say the two teams have discussed a Garland for spects deal? Was he speculating? Did he say a deal was almost done?

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 02:55 PM)
speculation...it is bruce levine

I was both giddy and scared at the same time. If they got Hurley plus Michael Young I'd be happy. If we got Hurley and Danks and another prospect like Volquez (or however you pronounce it) I wouldn't have a problem either since it would open the spot for Bmac (even though it wouldn't have been the spot I suspected) while at the same time giving us a boatload of near MLB ready top flight prospects (which we could than keep one of and trade the others or do any combination of the two).

As many people have pointed out he won more games than he should have by the way he pitched. If this happens it should please the people here who like to sell high. I know when I tlaked to people last year no one thought he would resign here because he wanted to go further west. Maybe he and KW had an agreement, you sign a good deal, pitch here one more year to try to get another ring and I'll trade you next year.

I don't know for sure but almost everyone last year was surprised that he signed in Chicago.

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor!!!! Shut up KW is on a roll!!!!!! (or at least he might be)

They played a quote from KW saying something along the lines of

"We've been putting our feelers out there concerning deals, but it's only been feelers so far. We feel like we we're in a good position. We like all of our starters, but we feel like if there is a fit, where we can get major league talent and young pitching (read minor leaguer top prospects) in return, we'd be in better position for the future."

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 05:00 PM)
They played a quote from KW saying something along the lines of

"We've been putting our feelers out there concerning deals, but it's only been feelers so far. We feel like we we're in a good position. We like all of our starters, but we feel like if there is a fit, where we can get major league talent and young pitching (read minor leaguer top prospects) in return, we'd be in better position for the future."

this makes me feel like we are rebuilding..yikes.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Nov 17, 2006 -> 10:04 AM)
this makes me feel like we are rebuilding..yikes.

I'd call it securing our position to compete in the division for the next 5 -10 years. We're not always going to be able to sign premium FA's, so we still have to develop our own talent.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Nov 17, 2006 -> 10:12 AM)
Thats the problem,we dont develop very well.

Well we've had players like Crede, Garland, Jenks etc. come through and become important parts of our ballclub.

And don't forget at this time last season, our system was quite good with the likes of Gio Gonzalez and Chris Young in there.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 07:15 PM)
Well we've had players like Crede, Garland, Jenks etc. come through and become important parts of our ballclub.

And don't forget at this time last season, our system was quite good with the likes of Gio Gonzalez and Chris Young in there.

well we got jenks from the angels... but otherwise i agree with you