Im very disappointed

Rockabilly

about the Spring Training TV schedule the last two years we got to see over 20 games and this year we will only get to see 12 games..

I'm such a huge fan of the minor leagues and would love to see the prospects playing...

On the air: The White Sox will televise 10 Cactus League games on Comcast SportsNet and two on WGN-TV. WSCR, the club's flagship radio station, will air 15 Spring Training games.

The first televised game will take place on March 2, featuring the White Sox against the Rockies. WGN-TV will broadcast the White Sox against the Cubs on March 16 and the White Sox against Arizona on March 24.

Ken "Hawk" Harrelson and Darrin Jackson will handle the 12 televised games, while Ed Farmer and Chris Singleton once again will bring home the action over the radio broadcast.

from whitesox.com

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jan 23, 2007 -> 03:32 AM)
Got to agree with you, I was really looking forward to seeing the young arms throw this Spring but just like everything else involving the Chicago Sports Media we're left disappointed by what they're supplying us.

Meh, It's better than the FSN era when we got next to nothing during Spring Training. Still, these last two years have been great under CSN.

What abou the radio though? That 15 seems like a reduced number too.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE(Straycats @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 09:41 PM)
We get 12 games and the minor league team on the North side gets 15 televised games..

This totally sucks

That fact alone, is what BOTHERS me intensely.

Team that WON 90 GAMES in 06,

the World Series in 2005 and

14 90-win seasons since 1950

5 90-win seasons since 1990

= 12 games

Team that LOST 90 GAMES in 06,

Hasnt Won a World Series since Roosevelt was in office,

only 3 90-win seasons since 1950

ZERO 90-win seasons since 1990

= 15 games

Whats wrong with this picture?

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jan 24, 2007 -> 10:10 AM)

= 12 games

= 15 games

Not just that, the Sox had better ratings during the season last year too. Though, that won't be the case this year with the additions the Cubs made.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jan 24, 2007 -> 08:24 AM)
Kind of wierd that they're reducing the number. Aren't the ESPN games always in Florida?

No, espn does games on the west coast as well. I remember a couple years ago the Sox had a few games on ESPN (one of which was a McCarthy start against the Angels).

And personally speaking, I don't see why people compare the Cubs and Sox. Sure they are in the same city but both teams are ran independently and the Sox are equal owners with Comcast so they could negotiate out as many games as both sides were willing to go. And if WGN wanted to show only Cubs games than that is there freaking right (they don't have to put the Sox games on or negotiate with the Sox to get a deal that natoinally televises about a game per week).

GMAFB

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jan 24, 2007 -> 10:10 AM)

= 12 games

= 15 games

heeeeeeeeeey, hangar's back.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 24, 2007 -> 11:13 AM)
No, espn does games on the west coast as well. I remember a couple years ago the Sox had a few games on ESPN (one of which was a McCarthy start against the Angels).

And personally speaking, I don't see why people compare the Cubs and Sox. Sure they are in the same city but both teams are ran independently and the Sox are equal owners with Comcast so they could negotiate out as many games as both sides were willing to go. And if WGN wanted to show only Cubs games than that is there freaking right (they don't have to put the Sox games on or negotiate with the Sox to get a deal that natoinally televises about a game per week).

GMAFB

amen

God I'm so sick of Cubs/Sox comparisons.

Im as die hard Sox fan as there can be. But I cant find spring training games interesting AT ALL. I swear they are boring. I mean the stadiums are empty, hawk runs out of things to say by the 4th inning, and after that all you hear is the damn wind blowing. Its boring. Really the only reason I keep up with spring training is to make sure players dont get injured. Other than that, I find them pointless. :huh Anyways thats just me.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jan 24, 2007 -> 11:10 AM)

= 12 games

= 15 games

I'm sure when the White Sox are bought by a company that owns a national cable channel, they'll get 15 ST games on TV too.

Tribune Company is looking to sell itself, showcasing the Cubs on their network is actually a damn good way to do it, the extra Cubs games have nothing to do with the White Sox.

Since I get neither CSN Chicago OR WGN here in NJ, I will have the opportunity to see 12 fewer White Sox ST games.

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Jan 25, 2007 -> 01:27 AM)
I'm sure when the White Sox are bought by a company that owns a national cable channel, they'll get 15 ST games on TV too.

Tribune Company is looking to sell itself, showcasing the Cubs on their network is actually a damn good way to do it, the extra Cubs games have nothing to do with the White Sox.

Since I get neither CSN Chicago OR WGN here in NJ, I will have the opportunity to see 12 fewer White Sox ST games.

Don't you mean neither / nor? :P

QUOTE(klaus kinski @ Jan 25, 2007 -> 12:55 PM)
All I know is that every night the TV is choked with meaningless basketball games-you would think someone would see pre-season baseball, at a time when people are indoors, would be a great alternative to that same stuff every night.

Meaningless regular season basketball vs. meaningless exhibition baseball. :whichway

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jan 26, 2007 -> 02:10 PM)
Do we have the chance of getting ST games on XM satelitte radio? I only get WGN or ESPN so it seems ST TV is limited for me too. There ought to be a law agin it!

Ya, you can listen to the spring training games via XM.