Kerry Wood falls out of Hot tub

AbeFroman

AM1000 is reporting that Kerry wood has fallen out of a hot tub and will miss the beginning of spring training for for pitchers and catchers. This is NOT A JOKE. 4-6 days with bruised ribs.

Is there any other appropriate way to respond to this other than to laugh hysterically?

I know this will probably amount to nothing, but still...

Wood hurt in fall from hot tub, out for a few days

MESA, Ariz. -- Oft-injured Kerry Wood is out again -- this time because of a flub in a hot tub.

The Chicago Cubs pitcher is not expected to throw off the mound for a few days after he slipped this week getting out of a hot tub at home. Wood landed on his stomach and chest.

"It was just a little spill," Wood said Thursday. "I didn't think anything of it. Nothing's wrong. It's just going to be a few extra days. My arm feels great. My body feels good."

Wood said he probably would not have thrown off the mound until Friday had he not gotten hurt. He participated in most drills on Thursday when pitchers and catchers worked out for the first time.

Bothered by an injured right shoulder the past three seasons, Wood is being converted to a reliever after being limited to four starts last year.

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ Feb 15, 2007 -> 04:42 PM)
AM1000 is reporting that Kerry wood has fallen out of a hot tub and will miss the beginning of spring training for for pitchers and catchers. This is NOT A JOKE. 4-6 days with bruised ribs.

Is there any other appropriate way to respond to this other than to laugh hysterically?

LOL! I love the fact that you had to make it OBVIOUS that it isn't a joke!!

This guy is a walking accident.

Gettin' in the hot tub.... OHHHHHHH HOT!!!!!!!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2767126 (espn.com's story)

This is hysterical. We'll see if this pans out. I remember Kent injured his wrist "washing his truck" and it turned out he was doing something against his contract (Was it riding a motorcycle?)

Yeah, just like when that Barmes guy got hurt falling down the stairs & lost the ROY award because of it. Isn't it amazing how people who are under contracts requiring them to not do stupid things wind up with the wierdest sorts of injuries? Almost mind blowing, in fact.

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Feb 15, 2007 -> 03:31 PM)
At what point do you you lie about your injury. If Im Wood I say I got attacked by a bear or something.

When your injury occurs when you were doing something that is banned by your contract. When that happens, you make up some silly story that no one will ever question, like you fell down some stairs while carrying groceries, or hurt yourself in a hot tub, something like that.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 15, 2007 -> 11:42 PM)
When your injury occurs when you were doing something that is banned by your contract. When that happens, you make up some silly story that no one will ever question, like you fell down some stairs while carrying groceries, or hurt yourself in a hot tub, something like that.

Except if your Kerry Wood. With him, he probably just got hurt for waking up this morning. He has to tell lies because of the embarrassing fact that he as fragile as a house of playing cards.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 15, 2007 -> 11:42 PM)

That was the story madeup by that SS for the Rockies right lol, he came out of no where to have that magical season too, or start of a magical season.