I like Erstad already

aboz56

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...tesox-headlines

Pretty good stuff. Some of my favorite quotes:

"I'm here to win a job"

also liked his question when asked about the Angels...

"Those days are done, we're here to kick the crap out of them."

Also says he's feeling great just needs to get into shape. I think this guy will help us. I love his attitude, he's ready to play and compete.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 19, 2007 -> 10:20 AM)
I question how productive Erstad can be on the field, but I think it's very possible he brings something to the clubhouse that could have been missing last season.

Alright, thats my one "grinder" post for the year. All done.

HE'S LIKE ROWAND ONLY OLD!!!!1111

I probably won't like the amount of playing time he gets this year or his production (or lack there of) but it's nearly impossible to dislike him as a person.

I may be overly optimistic, but I think Erstad is going to be a huge contributor to this teams success. He's on a new team and he's coming off an injury so he is going to be motivated to prove himself. We all know he has the talent. With Pod's injury and our iffy CF situation he is going to have plenty of opportunities to contribute.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 19, 2007 -> 04:41 PM)
Little OT, but did anyone see the piece they had on SportsNite last night with Danks-Masset-Sisco-Haeger-Floyd?

That was really the 1st time I had heard any of them in an interview, and it was sort of odd to see all the new faces....

Yeah, I couldnt tell if Danks had a little dip in his mouth during the interview or not. I think I'm going to enjoy Masset alot this year, wish they had somethign on Aardsma

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 19, 2007 -> 10:35 AM)
HE'S LIKE ROWAND ONLY OLD!!!!1111

I probably won't like the amount of playing time he gets this year or his production (or lack there of) but it's nearly impossible to dislike him as a person.

While you were gone, ARow went to Cuba, kicked Castro's ass, and restored the island with democracy and all around good feelings.

Just shows what a little grinder spirit will get ya.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 19, 2007 -> 10:41 AM)
Little OT, but did anyone see the piece they had on SportsNite last night with Danks-Masset-Sisco-Haeger-Floyd?

That was really the 1st time I had heard any of them in an interview, and it was sort of odd to see all the new faces....

Yeah, and I was completely blown away by their story about Garland taking them golfing so that they could feel more comfortable with the team and so they could pick his brain about the majors. Jon shows some serious leadership right there.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 19, 2007 -> 01:13 PM)
Yeah, and I was completely blown away by their story about Garland taking them golfing so that they could feel more comfortable with the team and so they could pick his brain about the majors. Jon shows some serious leadership right there.

Wow. I didn't hear about that. That was really really cool of him.

Ditto to what you said.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Feb 19, 2007 -> 12:57 PM)
Wow. I didn't hear about that. That was really really cool of him.

Ditto to what you said.

Yeah it was a piece on comcast last night. Danks, Masset, and Floyd I believe went with. But I know they interviewed Danks and Garland and they talked about it. I really like Danks after hearing him talk in the interviews. He seems like he has a good head on his shoulders.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Feb 19, 2007 -> 02:34 PM)
You probably already know this, but you can check out the interview along with some others by clicking on the links on this page (scroll down and you'll see the links under "Spring Training" on the right):

Interviews

I just watched those and I must admit, I had no idea Eduardo Perez was American.

Best Damn's Top 50 Devastating Hits

27. Darin Hurt-Stad

Anaheim Angels first baseman Darin Erstad played football at the University of Nebraska. Maybe that can explain what happened to Atlanta Braves catcher Johnny Estrada on June 6, 2005. Erstad was trying to beat out a throw at home and decided the best way to get there would be to tackle Estrada. After the tackle, Erstad slapped his hand on home plate and was called safe. Estrada lay on the ground for a few minutes, and eventually sent to the DL.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Feb 19, 2007 -> 01:55 PM)
I just watched those and I must admit, I had no idea Eduardo Perez was American.

Son of Tony Perez of Big Red Machine fame, grew up in the states .