Music Thread

greasywheels121

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (3E8 @ Jul 26, 2009 -> 01:50 PM)
Set Your Goals - This Will Be The Death Of Us

Recommended if you like punk/pop/hardcore music, song below is one of my favorites from this album

I like this a lot!

Is the album called "The Fallen"?

I'm glad you liked it, the album is called "This Will Be The Death Of Us", and the song I posted is 'The Fallen'. If you follow this link and look at the playlist on the right side, you can listen to 8 songs from the album (unless the label makes YouTube take it down...)

Edited by 3E8

QUOTE (3E8 @ Jul 26, 2009 -> 03:10 PM)
I'm glad you liked it, the album is called "This Will Be The Death Of Us", and the song I posted is 'The Fallen'. If you follow this link and look at the playlist on the right side, you can listen to 8 songs from the album (unless the label makes YouTube take it down...)

Followed the link - good stuff!

I especially like Summer Jam and Look Closer.

The band doesn't remind me of Rise Against, but the singer's voice does.

I think I need to pick this CD up, or at least iTunes it if they're available there.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 02:36 AM)
Anyone a fan of Matt and Kim? Indie group out of Brooklyn. I have been looking for something different to listen to, and they fit the bill right now.

Are they mainstream right now? Or do you have to get their stuff at their website or something?

'I'm pretty sure Dinosaur Jr. are more responsible for premature hearing loss than any other band save My Bloody Valentine. I saw them just a couple weeks ago and I could practically feel the tinnitus-- it's one of those "hurts so good" situations. So the idea that these indie legends would recall European copies of their new CD Farm for being too loud really does seem like a practical joke. But it's not.

According to their website, the snafu occurred when "the software program used for this duplication 'doubled' the sound layers, resulting in a 3 dB increase in the overall sound volume." (Via The Guardian.) While that error may actually bring the volume up to a normal level for longtime fans who have allowed J Mascis to batter their eardrums for years, the band are offering to replace the "defective" discs free of charge. You even get a Dino ringtone (hey, Dinosaur Jr. ringtones exist!) out of the deal. But if you decided to keep your turned-to-11 CD, we would not blame you.'

Any other Dino fans had the chance to hear the new record yet?

QUOTE (DePloderer @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 05:59 PM)
My sons first ever gig, he's playing the bass.

FYI I'm not sure how to put video into the post, I just seem to get a load of text whenever I try.

Crazy Brits. :P :britishflag:

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 09:05 PM)
'I'm pretty sure Dinosaur Jr. are more responsible for premature hearing loss than any other band save My Bloody Valentine. I saw them just a couple weeks ago and I could practically feel the tinnitus-- it's one of those "hurts so good" situations. So the idea that these indie legends would recall European copies of their new CD Farm for being too loud really does seem like a practical joke. But it's not.

According to their website, the snafu occurred when "the software program used for this duplication 'doubled' the sound layers, resulting in a 3 dB increase in the overall sound volume." (Via The Guardian.) While that error may actually bring the volume up to a normal level for longtime fans who have allowed J Mascis to batter their eardrums for years, the band are offering to replace the "defective" discs free of charge. You even get a Dino ringtone (hey, Dinosaur Jr. ringtones exist!) out of the deal. But if you decided to keep your turned-to-11 CD, we would not blame you.'

Any other Dino fans had the chance to hear the new record yet?

I've heard a few songs, and to my ears it's that classic Dino sound. I really like Over It, and the skateboarder video for the song is mildly amusing as well. The other tracks I ended up buying were Pieces and I Want You To Know.

I'm actually really surprised I don't have tinnitus after all those years of all those shows with never an earplug inserted.

Just lucky, I guess.

Ended up buying tickets to the U2 360 tour in Atlanta.

And really, just so I could see Muse, U2 is an afterthought, but I'm sure it will be entertaining. Muse is one of those bands I've wanted to see for a long time now.

Good God! I think my head is going to explode because I just listened to an album that was actually pretty awesome and listenable all the way through from the Mars Volta! Octhedron is some good s***.

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Aug 3, 2009 -> 07:54 PM)
Good God! I think my head is going to explode because I just listened to an album that was actually pretty awesome and listenable all the way through from the Mars Volta! Octhedron is some good s***.

Really?? you mean it's not a solid 45 mins of music mixed in with another 20 minutes of wierd s***.