Music Thread

greasywheels121

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 12, 2007 -> 10:12 PM)
I really liked Frogstomp, so I might not like the new stuff, but if I get a chance I'll give it a listen.

Yeah they arent very posy-grungy anymore.

Click here to sample some audio clips of the newer stuff.

I would suggest:

"Across the Night"

"Tuna in the Brine"

"Without You"

"The Greatest View"

"Straight Lines"

"After All These Years"

I just found out they post poned the show :crying

Daniel Johns has laryngitis, so it's pushed back until November. Damn.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a bunch of broken social scene related material leaked this week

the new Stars album "In Our Bedroom After the War" was good, but suffered from being a bit mushy/corny at times.

the Kevin Drew album "Spirit If..." also leaked, but I haven't gotten around to listening to it yet.

God I can not stand that new Interpol song.

When I hear "How are things on the West Coast?" coming through the radio, I know im in for 3 and a half minutes of DULL, mixed with a side of BLAH, topped with a heaping helping of DRROOOOOOOOOONNNEEE sauce.

Thats the one downside of only listening to the radio at work, but I'd rather have that then working in silence, I would go totally MAD.

Is anyone feeling the Editors?That new album is not coming out of my cd player anytime soon.Also on the R&B note the new Tank album is great, especially for those that are into r&b from the early 90's.

QUOTE(shipps @ Jul 24, 2007 -> 08:34 PM)
Is anyone feeling the Editors?That new album is not coming out of my cd player anytime soon.Also on the R&B note the new Tank album is great, especially for those that are into r&b from the early 90's.

I like Editors, they have that 80's sound I like and their production sounds good. Nice, loud mix.

Regarding Tank, that name will ALWAYS belong to the British metal band from the 80's. Saw them once with Raven (not the wrestler, the British metal band from the 80's :D ) at the Aragon, with a couple local Bob Luce-promoted pro wrestling matches between bands. Bad matches, good bands, good times.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jul 24, 2007 -> 08:54 PM)
I like Editors, they have that 80's sound I like and their production sounds good. Nice, loud mix.

Regarding Tank, that name will ALWAYS belong to the British metal band from the 80's. Saw them once with Raven (not the wrestler, the British metal band from the 80's :D ) at the Aragon, with a couple local Bob Luce-promoted pro wrestling matches between bands. Bad matches, good bands, good times.

Ya know Tank was the band formed by Algy Ward after he left The Damned. Cool band they were, if not a little too much of a Motorhead rip-off.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 11:59 AM)
Ya know Tank was the band formed by Algy Ward after he left The Damned. Cool band they were, if not a little too much of a Motorhead rip-off.

I know where the Motorhead comparison comes from, and it's legit, but Tank rarely had a song shorter than 5 minutes and Motorhead rarely had one approach 4 minutes, so in that regard they were very different.

Good to hear that Algy "traded up".

:D :P

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 11:57 AM)
Pearl Jam is doing a "fanclub only" show at The Vic. My neighbor, who is the biggest PJ freak I have ever known, is beside himself with glee. It's sho hard to show excitement about stuff like that.

My sister-in-law's Ten Club membership expired last month and she hasn't gotten around to renewing it yet.

She's pretty pissed at herself right now.

The Vic is an awesome venue. Some of my favorite concerts ever occured there.

Among my favorite Vic shows:

Husker Du, The Alarm (twice), Gwar (twice), Jeff Healey Band, Sepultura, Testament,

Green Day, They Might Be Giants, The Jesus Lizard, Brian Setzer Orchestra and Face To Face.

Good times.

Listening to a little De-Loused in the Comatorium, soooooooo good.

I wish Mars Volta would go back to writing song again.

If someone remastered the last two albums and edited out all the jam session, avant garde BS, they would be a 1000x better. I really dont listen to you guys for the static and feedback portions of your songs...

I remember hearing that they would prefer to get rid of songs all together and just basically jam all the time including concerts and s***. Lame.