Music Thread

greasywheels121

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jul 3, 2007 -> 03:17 AM)
anyone listen to Chris Cornell's latest album? any thoughts if you have?

Personally, I like it, but I think Cornell could take a s*** in a CD case and I'd like it (though I think that's what they did with Revelations). Quite a bit heavier than Euphoria Morning, but most definitely much lighter and more refreshing than anything Audioslave did.

Personally I'd rather s*** on him. :D I'm not a fan at all.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jul 3, 2007 -> 03:17 AM)
anyone listen to Chris Cornell's latest album? any thoughts if you have?

Personally, I like it, but I think Cornell could take a s*** in a CD case and I'd like it (though I think that's what they did with Revelations). Quite a bit heavier than Euphoria Morning, but most definitely much lighter and more refreshing than anything Audioslave did.

Ignore Dylan :P

I have always been a huge fan of Cornell since Soundgarden... so I'm in the same boat with you, if he releases a CD... I will buy it. The CD isn't great and I will always prefer his Soundgarden days and the first Audioslave album but it's definitely a CD you can pop in the car and enjoy.

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Jul 5, 2007 -> 03:56 PM)
it was better than antics though

I haven't decided yet.

On another note:

Who's better folks? Tim Buckley or Jeff Buckley?

My vote goes to Tim.

Girlfriend's brother's and cousin's band played at the Metro last night in a battle of the bands style contest. They won a few weeks ago at the Double Door. They lost last night to a bunch of bands that all sounded the same -- a couple of guys rapping over a bad rock backing band and an Evanescence cover band. It was much more of a popularity contest than a talent contest.

www.myspace.com/odjomusic

QUOTE(bmags @ Jul 7, 2007 -> 06:56 PM)
well...i mean jeff only had one complete album...i don't think that's really fair do you?

Yes. Considering most think Jeff is better regardless of only one full album.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 9, 2007 -> 12:02 AM)
Anybody hear the new Kanye mix, "Can't Tell Me Nothing"? I hear it's 'teh s***'.

On top of that has anyone heard the collaboration that Kanye has done with John Mayer? Good stuff it is.

Does anyone like the new Interpol album which is exactly like all the other old ones?I like it but shouldnt your progression as a band (especially when you have a good band) involve coming up with some new sounds and feeling?

QUOTE(shipps @ Jul 11, 2007 -> 08:12 PM)
Does anyone like the new Interpol album which is exactly like all the other old ones?I like it but shouldnt your progression as a band (especially when you have a good band) involve coming up with some new sounds and feeling?

Definitely not progression, but I liked it more than antics

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 9, 2007 -> 12:02 AM)
Anybody hear the new Kanye mix, "Can't Tell Me Nothing"? I hear it's 'teh s***'.

Hype Williams did an excellent job on the video which alot of people don't "get." I know what he was trying to imply and I must say he is still a genius.

God damn I forgot how good Boyz II Men is/was. I miss the 90s. IMO, it was easily the best music era period.

Edited by SoxAce

Yeah they're still around and sound NOTHING like they used to.

Kick ass rock music with Big orchestral arrangements and s***, pretty awesome stuff.

They're starting to get back into the main stream now though, they play them on the radio out here and they were just on Leno the other night...

Also they're still huge in Australia. They're like as big as Coldplay is in the US over there...

Edited by Cali

QUOTE(shipps @ Jul 12, 2007 -> 01:12 AM)

i think they have progressed a lot, but banks' voice is never going to change, interpols never going to be a super band, they have a sound people like, its funny respected bands that never change their sounds never get jumped on but if an independent band has an ounce of success the are expected to go electronic or some s*** their next album.

QUOTE(bmags @ Jul 12, 2007 -> 02:32 PM)
i think they have progressed a lot, but banks' voice is never going to change, interpols never going to be a super band, they have a sound people like, its funny respected bands that never change their sounds never get jumped on but if an independent band has an ounce of success the are expected to go electronic or some s*** their next album.

Its just that I would like them to have a different theme or something, not go wierd or anything.Dont get me wrong,the more i listen to this album the more i like it.You have to admit there is a few songs on it that sound a whole lot like alot of their old material.

QUOTE(Cali @ Jul 12, 2007 -> 12:24 PM)
Yeah they're still around and sound NOTHING like they used to.

Kick ass rock music with Big orchestral arrangements and s***, pretty awesome stuff.

They're starting to get back into the main stream now though, they play them on the radio out here and they were just on Leno the other night...

Also they're still huge in Australia. They're like as big as Coldplay is in the US over there...

I really liked Frogstomp, so I might not like the new stuff, but if I get a chance I'll give it a listen.