Music Thread

greasywheels121

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate fan club pre-sales.

I tried to buy my wife Eddie Vedder tickets, but at 11:00 AM when the tickets "went on sale", there were a grand total of ZERO tickets available for either show.

Oh well. Guess Janet Jackson tickets will have to do......

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 11:36 AM)
I hate fan club pre-sales.

I tried to buy my wife Eddie Vedder tickets, but at 11:00 AM when the tickets "went on sale", there were a grand total of ZERO tickets available for either show.

Oh well. Guess Janet Jackson tickets will have to do......

My cousin is a huge Pearl Jam fan and in the Ten Club. He gets tickets early everytime they get to St. Louis.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 12:42 PM)
My cousin is a huge Pearl Jam fan and in the Ten Club. He gets tickets early everytime they get to St. Louis.

Yeah, one of my gifts to the Mrs. will be a Ten Club membership, so she can be in on the pre-sale the next time Pearl Jam tours. She's way more excited about the thought of seeing Pearl Jam again than she was about the Eddie solo tour (and she was very excited about the possibility of seeing Eddie).

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 01:20 AM)
Yep yep yep, it's almost here. The Hold Steady's next record will be out in a week. Anyone heard any of it yet?

Heard they've been streaming it on a myspace or something for weeks, so its likely out there. Haven't gotten around to listening to it though, but am intending to pick it up when it hits the shelves

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 04:48 PM)
The new Metallica coming this fall will be called "Death Magnetic!"

Odd name but I thought that of St. Anger at first.

Yeah, they're saying that DM is a "return to form" for Metallica.

Of course, they said that about St. Anger, and THAT turned out to be a steaming pile, so color me skeptical.

I'd love for Metallica to deliver something half as good as any of their first four albums, but I really doubt they have that in them any more.

Edit to say that I think Death Magnetic is a pretty weak title.

Edited by The Critic

I was one of the few that liked certain things of St. Anger. I'd love to hear an album like "...And Justice For All", with a bunch of 8 minuted mind blowers.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (The Bones @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 12:11 AM)
I really like the new Coldplay album...much better than X&Y.

And the new Beck album is growing on me as well.

Coldplays new album is definitely better than X&Y.

I'm looking forward to OAR's new album coming out this week titled All Sides.

James Hetfield changed his singing style after The Black Album to help his voice last longer.

Unfortunately, his new musical singing style made Metallica sound less like Metallica and more like Waylon Jennings with electric guitars.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 10:10 PM)
Recently acquired Transmissions From the Satellite Heart by the Flaming Lips and Clumsy from Our Lady Peace, and I'm looking forward to hearing both.

Wow, you're a bit late on that one, but it is a great album. Turn it up LOUD.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 06:51 AM)
I'd love for Metallica to deliver something half as good as any of their first four albums, but I really doubt they have that in them any more.

Cliff Burton's influence on that band is pretty much gone, after he was gone things went downhill

QUOTE (The Human Borch @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 08:37 PM)
I've been listening to so much Chili Peppers lately, and Blood Sugar Sex Magik has quickly become my favorite album of all time (over The Chronic, haha). A couple of friends and I are starting up a band and I can't think of anyone better right now than RHCP to draw inspiration from. :headbang

I hope you have a kick-ass bass player.

QUOTE (3E8 @ Jun 27, 2008 -> 09:02 PM)
The new Alkaline Trio album is quite good. Steaming in its entirety on their myspace

I heard it was horrible from alot of people. Too pop-ish from what they usually do.. I was never a fan of Trio though.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (The Human Borch @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 09:37 PM)
I've been listening to so much Chili Peppers lately, and Blood Sugar Sex Magik has quickly become my favorite album of all time (over The Chronic, haha). A couple of friends and I are starting up a band and I can't think of anyone better right now than RHCP to draw inspiration from. :headbang

You should pm bmags, we call him 'the king of pop' around here. He's a huge RHCP fan, Hootie and the Blowfish too. .

Yes, I've had a few tonight.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 17, 2008 -> 07:41 AM)
You should pm bmags, we call him 'the king of pop' around here. He's a huge RHCP fan, Hootie and the Blowfish too. .

Yes, I've had a few tonight.

you know, Los, I went out of my way not to reply to that damn post...and you have to go and :lolhitting

I guess I would go and see Brian Wilson, Rex, but it is close. ted Leo live is how he should be heard, his songs are stripped and raw and he has more aggression. But, I wouldn't be able to turn up seeing someone like Wilson, but when you are there yell obscene comments about mike and kevin love.