Music Thread

greasywheels121

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The English language seems to be the perfect language for singing songs.All the other languages of the world just dont seem to flow as well with the music.I came to this conclusion from watching the world music channel BTW.

Edited by shipps

I'm digging the new Killers song.

My first impression of it was better than my first impression of "When You Were Young", but that song wound up being the worst song off a kick-ass album.

Seems like they're going back to the synth pop sound of Hot Fuss, which is alright, I prefer the sound they had on Sam's Town, but we'll see, maybe it'll be a combo of both.

QUOTE (Cali @ Sep 22, 2008 -> 04:36 PM)
I'm digging the new Killers song.

My first impression of it was better than my first impression of "When You Were Young", but that song wound up being the worst song off a kick-ass album.

Seems like they're going back to the synth pop sound of Hot Fuss, which is alright, I prefer the sound they had on Sam's Town, but we'll see, maybe it'll be a combo of both.

I loved both styles of albums the same.In fact I think its refreshing when a band comes out with a great album and to follow that up with a different direction on the next and still sound great even though the safer route would have been putting out something similar to the first.That is what seperates the great bands that Iam excited to hear their new albums months before they even come out and the bands that fade away never to be heard from again.

QUOTE (shipps @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 03:29 PM)
I loved both styles of albums the same.In fact I think its refreshing when a band comes out with a great album and to follow that up with a different direction on the next and still sound great even though the safer route would have been putting out something similar to the first.That is what seperates the great bands that Iam excited to hear their new albums months before they even come out and the bands that fade away never to be heard from again.

I really dig both their albums and I am very excited about the new one. I was at my limits with all the horrible new music coming out, be it horrible pop music, (and I like good pop music) "new metal" crap, etc., but I was listening to Loveline one night and The Killers were the guests, first song I heard by them was Mr. Brightside and I was instantly hooked, bought the album ASAP.

Similar thing happened, as I mentioned a page or two ago, this week with "Sometime Around Midnight" by the Airborne Toxic Event, although I haven't got the new album since my I-Pod was jacked at work and haven't got a new one yet.

I know this will probably get me flamed here, but I'm a HUGE Oasis fan and looking forward to their new album as well.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 04:25 PM)
Not by me it won't.

Oasis is a great band.

I'll pick it up too, I enjoyed their last record which went mostly unnoticed. They're very good, but awful live...at least the night I saw them. One big wall of sound with everything was turned up to eleven, you couldn't even make out what song was being played.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 03:35 PM)
I'll pick it up too, I enjoyed their last record which went mostly unnoticed. They're very good, but awful live...at least the night I saw them. One big wall of sound with everything was turned up to eleven, you couldn't even make out what song was being played.

where did you see them at? I've seen them a number of times and they've always sounded good. However, I can easily see how in the wrong venue or with the wrong sound person they would sound terrible, their live show is heavily Noel guitar driven, so if that is f'd up the whole thing could go to pot

QUOTE (shipps @ Sep 22, 2008 -> 03:36 PM)
The English language seems to be the perfect language for singing songs.All the other languages of the world just dont seem to flow as well with the music.I came to this conclusion from watching the world music channel BTW.

Spanish and Japanese are great for singing punk.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 12:11 PM)
I'm disappointed in the new Kings of Leon CD. It's very mediocre. What happened to rocking out?

I've always heard of this band, but never actually heard them. But, I dug the s*** out of the first song they played on SNL last weekend.

QUOTE (Cali @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 08:15 PM)
I've always heard of this band, but never actually heard them. But, I dug the s*** out of the first song they played on SNL last weekend.

There's some good songs on the new CD (like Sex on Fire, I think that's the first one they played), but overall its just very...blah.

If you like that song, you should check out either of their first two albums.

Edited by StrangeSox