Brian Anderson

DBAHO

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 12:33 PM)
I heard Boarchard was a 5 tool player too.

Turns out he was just a tool x 5.

you heard wrong then I guess :huh

He was drafted because of his power potential, plain and simple. Anderson was brought in because he is a great all-around talent.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 08:33 PM)
absolutely disgusting

Julio is a middle reliever who strikes guys out at a pretty proficient rate. His ERA of 4.23, WHIP of 1.32, and BB/9 of 4.5 does anything but strike confidence in me.

Arizona raked the Sox over the coals for one great CF prospect, regardless of how good Vazquez can (and I think will) be, it's not time to let them steal another great young CFer.

I don't think we would get that lucky twice. But we really have no use for another OF we have to many as it is. We have CGon, Upton coming along with Hairston, Young, Quentin, Brynes already on the major league team.

One thing I will say is Juilo will not be a Dback when we head to Colorado on April 2nd.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 01:35 PM)
Really? What has Chris Young accomplished so far? Not much. He may turn out to be great, but at this point, he hasn't given AZ anything yet.

Yeah he has given us 50 AB's mostly in a PH role. This year he is the starting CF and seems to be an almost lock for NL ROY.

I also like the fact that our coaches have shown him to hit to RF. The reaction here in Arizona is we can't lose in this trade Javy was hanging out to dry and still JB managed to find a good deal.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 11:17 AM)
So they bring in one of the more injury prone and mediocre players of the past 6 years to be his replacement? That's f'ing brilliant if that's the plan for bringing in a World Series.

I bet Anderson is starting by the end of April.

I hope you're right. I don't see the excitment about Erstad. There's no reason BA can't put up better numbers then Erstad.

Why are the Sox so down on BA?

Bob

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 01:21 PM)
I agree. Anderson is on the front page on WhiteSox.com, and the heading under the picture says "The White Sox are watching how Brian Anderson adjusts to a utility role.

Well that's just insane if he ends up as a bench player.

He needs AB's, plain and simple and lots of them.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 24, 2007 -> 11:10 PM)
The OF situation has gotten so messed up, all I can do is shake my head.

It's amazing how good Rotoworld nailed the situation, without watching the Sox as much as any of us do.

Wow absolutely spot on, not a damn thing I disagree with in there. Also note Erstad's pathetic 3BB:12SO this spring (talk about a joke of a 2 hole hitter) compared to Anderson's 6BB:6SO.

I'm almost ready to concede and accpet the fact that Erstad will be starting in CF, no matter how hypocritical and stupid I may think the move is, it's likely going to happen. I just don't want the guy hitting second, I could really care less how much power potential they think Iguchi has he's the best 2 hole hitter on the team and one of he best in baseball, he's much more valuable hitting 2nd where he can do some of the little s*** than hitting 7th or 8th and swing for the fences. It seems odd that they'd want to move Iguchi out of the 2 hole anyway, for a team that preaches 'smallball' moving your best 'smallball' player down in the lineup and asking him to play longball seems a bit odd.

Erstad has been terrible at the top of lineup this Spring, his 12 Ks, 3 BB and .333 OBP are exactly what this team doesn't need at the top of the order same goes for his 421K:197BB and .324 OBP over the past 6 seasons. If Erstad is going to start, I'd much rather have him hitting 9th and Iguchi 2nd. It just seems ridiculous to give one of the worst hitters on your team the second most ABs of any hitter on the club.

Thats pretty spot on from roto, exactly what myself, Kalapse and a few others have been preaching since day 1 of ST camp.

Its sad to see how obvious it is to those that don't live and die by every silly Arizona pitch like we at Soxtalk to, yet Oz continues the charade...

This is just from the game notes:

Left fielder Scott Podsednik missed the cutoff man after retrieving Chris Stewart's double in the first and Brian Anderson held the ball for several seconds after trapping Adam Fox's RBI single. The latter caused manager Ozzie Guillen to lean back in his chair with his arms folded.