Opening Day Discussion thread

Controlled Chaos

QUOTE(soxfansince04 @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 10:31 PM)
Hi there, this is my first post. I have been lurking here a few months, and it seems like a pretty good place for Sox commentary. I did not grow up a baseball fan, became one as an adult(hence the username), so I still have lots to learn. I do enjoy the commentary here though.

I will be at opening day as well, I am a split STH. My buddy and I will be Keggin' and Eggin' pregame. We both really like food and grilling, so we have a lot of fun picking out tailgate food. We're doing steaks and breakfast burritos and homemade pork sausage for our first tailgate.

Our seats are in the upper deck along the first base line, I can't wait to sit down in my "summer home" on Monday. Even if the Sox have a weak season, which I am prepared for at this point, I am still happy I can go and relax at 35th and Shields.

:gosoxretro:

Hey, another 1B UD guy - excellent. Welcome to the site!

QUOTE(HeGone33 @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 09:50 AM)
Myself, Rudylaw and the girls in our avatar's will be in parking lot A at 10:00am on Monday.

Then I will be there too!

We'll be pregaming at the local watering hole, getting in the limo and heading down to the park...just like every year. Gotta do it with class!

Edited by tonyho7476

QUOTE(HeGone33 @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 09:50 AM)
Myself, Rudylaw and the girls in our avatar's will be in parking lot A at 10:00am on Monday.

I thought the gates don't open until 11??

And will the girls be dressed as we see them in your avatars???

QUOTE(smalls2598 @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 01:58 PM)

I'd like to confirm this as well......

Tom Skilling's forcast <_>

Clouding over with chance of late-day showers. Winds off lake drop temps to 50s.

QUOTE(smalls2598 @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 01:58 PM)

Gates for the stadium open at 11, parking lots at 10 on opening day. The rest of the games the parking lots open at 1030.

About the girls, im not sure Rudylaws girl fits in that shirt anymore (she blew up a bit) so I think the one in mine is gonna have to hold it down.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 1, 2007 -> 03:49 PM)
Thank God, Ozzie decided Pods will ride pine against Sabbathia tomorrow.

Nothing's final until that lineup card is in.

mlb.tv it is, I guess. We better win the f'n WS this year so I can at least watch next year's opener on cable. And not that it's a surprise, but f*** you, WGN.

QUOTE(Shamrock4Life @ Apr 1, 2007 -> 04:30 PM)
wait so the game is on WGN? I thought it was on Comcast. And if it is why are you f***ing WGN? I am lost.

Anyways, anybody going to chat it up during the game?

Cuz it's NOT on WGN. Only way I can get it is mlb.tv, which doesn't have the same quality picture. Although sometimes the announcers are better...

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 10:34 AM)
I'll be in Texas helping with inventory so I won't know anything until I get back to my hotel room unless my coworker who is also a Sox fanatic lets me know.

Looks like we are both doing inventories during the game. Mine is local and I'll watch the game on mlb.tv whenever I get home (but I'm going to the Angel game that night so this will be the first opening day game in forever that I didn't get to watch live).