White Sox vs. A's , 4/10/07 (L)

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 11:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The loss is definately not on Pods first and foremost, theres no way in hell you can say it is.

Its on Bobby and his inability to remember how to throw a fastball..FAST.

Its on AJ for a s***ty pitch selection in the 9th. But hey, at least he is hitting .117

Its THEN on Ozzie for leaving Prancer in LF when we have a fantastic defensive outfielder on our bench, eating sunflower seeds.

I concur. But Pods did look stupid on that last play. f***ing Oakland, man...

QUOTE(Wanne @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 12:54 AM)
Yes... it did. If I wasn't so goddamn mad right now...I'd be laughin' my ass off because that's one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Jesus....unreal.

As mad as I am, I'm still here laughing hysterically at the melon shot off of Prancer, that is A1 quality gold there! Only in Oakland.

QUOTE(Wanne @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 11:57 PM)
He threw a curve to Walker. Dude...why....WHY keep throwing offspead s*** to a slappy piece of crap hitter like Walker?!?!? I haven't felt this sick to my stomach since my Durango got stolen this weekend.

I know he threw the curve to Walker, but I still don't see why he f***s around with that s***ty slider and cutter.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 11:56 PM)
Back-to-back plays? You really think he had a legitmate chance to throw Bradley out in that situation? And I guess it's easy to say a catch should've been routine sitting at home watching on the tube.

He jumped 2 seconds too early and the ball hit him in the head. I feel fairly confident in saying that was a routine play. I don't really see why it wasn't. The play at the plate looked pretty close to me, Bradley was just rounding 3rd when Pods came up with the ball. It just aired on BBTN.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 11:57 PM)
There's no guarantee we would have won the game, but Jesus, if the ball can hit you in the head obviously it shouldn't be too difficult to place your arm above it and complete an out to end the inning.

Gee, why is our closer giving up 3 hits prior to that, hanging curveballs to Todd Walker (flashback to Jose Vizcaino slapping a ball in LF from the World Series)? Walker's normally a better fastball hitter, but why do you speed up the bat of a guy coming off the bench and throw him a curveball? It's like Contreras refusing to challenge hitters all over again. Jenks and AJ, I guess, realize the emperor has no clothes in terms of Jenks' fastball. I have a feeling we will go through 3-4 closers this season.

Why is he throwing 89-93 MPH?

He should be on the disabled list tomorrow, because something's seriously wrong.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 11:59 PM)
No, with two outs, you're not throwing Bradley out in that situation. Maybe Konerko, but not Bradley.

It looked like it would have been a close play if he could have pegged AJ's glove, and that's with Pod's noodle arm.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 11:59 PM)
No, with two outs, you're not throwing Bradley out in that situation. Maybe Konerko, but not Bradley.

It would have been a close play. Either way someone with a real arm should have been in LF.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 11:56 PM)
Back-to-back plays? You really think he had a legitmate chance to throw Bradley out in that situation? And I guess it's easy to say a catch should've been routine sitting at home watching on the tube.

Yes he should have thrown him out. Look at the replay if you have it on tape. An on target throw with a decent arm (which you'd expect from an MLB'er)...he's out at the plate.

Routine catch....uhhhh.....yeah. Again...hits you in the gourd...you should catch it. Pathetic.

btw...was it necessary to bring Jenks in the way Mac was throwing?

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 11:58 PM)
As mad as I am, I'm still here laughing hysterically at the melon shot off of Prancer, that is A1 quality gold there! Only in Oakland.

The ball hit the wall, then came down and bounced off his head.

Do you need glasses?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 05:01 AM)
It would have been a close play. Either way someone with a real arm should have been in LF.

We've been so non-blessed with pathetic throws to home over the last few years that people forget that it's possibly to get guys out.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 12:01 AM)

Maybe we should just go ahead and release Pods and play Brian Anderson everyday in LF and have him leadoff while we're at it?

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 01:03 AM)

Do you need glasses?

I don't care if it hit the Bay, THEN hit Pods on the head....thats funny as hell to me to see it bounce off his noggin.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 12:05 AM)
Maybe we should just go ahead and release Pods and play Brian Anderson everyday in LF and have him leadoff while we're at it?

Ridiculous hyperbole only makes you look silly. Try sticking to the subject instead of tangents like that.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 12:04 AM)
We've been so non-blessed with pathetic throws to home over the last few years that people forget that it's possibly to get guys out.

7th inning blown lead (LOSS)

8th inning blown lead (WIN)

9th inning blown lead (LOSS)

We've already blown more games than the Minnesota Twins did all last season when leading going into the 7th inning IN THE FIRST FREAKING WEEK OF THE SEASON.

That's an accomplishment we can all be proud of.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 12:03 AM)

Do you need glasses?

You were on the Warren Commission too with the magic bullet. How does a fly ball hit a wall and drop straight down?!?

Anyone that sits and says there woulda been no difference between Pods and BA on a ball hit to them and a throw home, is only kidding themselves.

Pods has no arm, period. Thats a fact, and it was still fairly close at home. Someone with...oh..a major league arm, aka..oh...BA, and its a play that could have been made.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 12:05 AM)
Ridiculous hyperbole only makes you look silly. Try sticking to the subject instead of tangents like that.

Yeah, hyperbole like blaming Pods and Guillen for the loss instead of Bobby Jenks is much more preferable and politically-correct. Go ahead taking on everyone's favorite whipping boy, Pods. Who will you have to berate when he's gone besides Guillen?

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 05:08 AM)
Yeah, hyperbole like blaming Pods and Guillen for the loss instead of Bobby Jenks is much more preferable and politically-correct. Go ahead taking on everyone's favorite whipping boy, Pods. Who will you have to berate when he's gone besides Guillen?

Hopefully they're both gone after this year.

I honestly don't know if the ball hit the wall or not, Carey Sayers says it didn't but she doesn't mean much and from the 4 replays I've seen I don't think it did but I'm not ruling out the possibility that it did hit the wall.

The play at the plate bothers me more simply because Pods had NO chance do to his pathetic arm. Erstad would have atleast made it close. Playing shallow LF and getting to the ball the same time the runner hits the bag you should have a shot to throw him out.

QUOTE(Wanne @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 05:06 AM)
You were on the Warren Commission too with the magic bullet. How does a fly ball hit a wall and drop straight down?!?

It was close....it easily could have from the angle they showed on the close-up replay.

And FWIW, you rarely see players get hit in the head because major league players should be good enough to not let that happen.