White Sox vs. A's , 4/10/07 (L)

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 11:50 PM)
I don't see how you could blame Pods for this one. We should've never been in this situation. If anything, BA should've been in the game. Plus, all Jenks has to do is get one more out, and it's over. Or the Home Plate Ump could have not f***ed us over for our 2nd run of the game. A 2-run lead in a game like that would have given us (or Bobby) a much different mind-set.

The fact that other people f***ed up doesn't excuse Ozzie's retarded in-game management and Pod's s*** throw and defense.

No, the game isn't 100% on them, but it isn't 100% on Bobby either. Ozzie should have had his best defense out there.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 04:50 AM)
I don't see how you could blame Pods for this one. We should've never been in this situation. If anything, BA should've been in the game. Plus, all Jenks has to do is get one more out, and it's over. Or the Home Plate Ump could have not f***ed us over for our 2nd run of the game. A 2-run lead in a game like that would have given us (or Bobby) a much different mind-set.

the ball hit pods that's not "F'n" us.

f'n us is not replacing pods in the ninth and him making two poor defensive plays.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 11:49 PM)
Yes, Let's blame Pods over Jenks. There isn't a LF in the game that was gonna throw Bradley out in that situation. And the last play wasn't exactly a 'routine' catch. Bobby lost this game for us.

Oh please he should have caught the ball with his back against the wall. He should not have been in the game and he proved in on back to back plays. He has no clue in LF.

I believe a baseball hitting Podsednik on the head counts as a typical Oakland freak occurrence.

You can blame Jenks for giving up the hits, but you certaintly can't blame him for overthrowing the catcher or failing to catch a flyball.

QUOTE(Scwible @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 11:47 PM)
Did that damn ball his pods in the head, cause i think it did.

Yes... it did. If I wasn't so goddamn mad right now...I'd be laughin' my ass off because that's one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Jesus....unreal.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 11:49 PM)
Yes, Let's blame Pods over Jenks. There isn't a LF in the game that was gonna throw Bradley out in that situation. And the last play wasn't exactly a 'routine' catch. Bobby lost this game for us.

It hit him in the melon. Sugar coat it whatever. If it hits him in the melon, 2 seconds after he leaps then tell me what it is.

Jenks spent most of last year with an ERA around 4.00, the writing was on the wall...I have little faith in him. You beat up on Pods, Ill beat up on the guy who actually can't close games.

I'm so ready for Mac to take over this role.

May I ask again why BA is on this team? Erstad probably wouldn't have got Bradley, but wouldn't have mailed AJ.

And please Bobby, stop f***ing around with that stupdass slider and cutter. Your fastball and curve are good enough.

I blame the offense more than anything

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 11:50 PM)

Jenks is nothing but Billy Koch with a better offspeed pitch.

His ERA was close to 5 in the second half, and his fastball has lost 2-3 MPH from midseason last year. Maybe we just caught lightning in a bottle, because our bullpen still sucks.

The fact is, in our first seven games, we've blown leads in the 7th and 8th and 9th (Thornton twice, now Jenks). The Minnesota Twins simply don't lose those games. We've already blown the same number of games in one week that they blew all last season from the 8th inning on.

We might as well just release Anderson if we're not going to play him. Move Erstad to LF or play Anderson in LF, but improve your freakin' outfield defense in the 8th or at least the 9th innings.

you guys are acting if Pods had a chance to throw the runner out. if he didnt over throw the plate then he would have 2 hopped it in and bradley would still be safe. he doesnt have an arm and its not his fault he was out there. ozzie should have had BA in there

The loss is definately not on Pods first and foremost, theres no way in hell you can say it is.

Its on Bobby and his inability to remember how to throw a fastball..FAST.

Its on AJ for a s***ty pitch selection in the 9th. But hey, at least he is hitting .117

Its THEN on Ozzie for leaving Prancer in LF when we have a fantastic defensive outfielder on our bench, eating sunflower seeds.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 11:53 PM)
Oh please he should have caught the ball with his back against the wall. He should not have been in the game and he proved in on back to back plays. He has no clue in LF.

Back-to-back plays? You really think he had a legitmate chance to throw Bradley out in that situation? And I guess it's easy to say a catch should've been routine sitting at home watching on the tube.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 11:54 PM)
May I ask again why BA is on this team? Erstad probably wouldn't have got Bradley, but wouldn't have mailed AJ.

And please Bobby, stop f***ing around with that stupdass slider and cutter. Your fastball and curve are good enough.

I blame the offense more than anything

He threw a curve to Walker. Dude...why....WHY keep throwing offspead s*** to a slappy piece of crap hitter like Walker?!?!? I haven't felt this sick to my stomach since my Durango got stolen this weekend.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 11:56 PM)
Back-to-back plays? You really think he had a legitmate chance to throw Bradley out in that situation? And I guess it's easy to say a catch should've been routine sitting at home watching on the tube.

Someone with an arm might have been able to do it. We all know that Pods had zero chance.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 11:55 PM)
Pods should have caught that ball. Ozzie shouldn't have had him in there in such a close game. Typical excuses.

It's not 100% their fault (Bobby gets the burden), but they are still part of the problem.

There's no guarantee we would have won the game, but Jesus, if the ball can hit you in the head obviously it shouldn't be too difficult to place your arm above it and complete an out to end the inning.

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 11:54 PM)
Jenks spent most of last year with an ERA around 4.00, the writing was on the wall...I have little faith in him. You beat up on Pods, Ill beat up on the guy who actually can't close games.

I'm so ready for Mac to take over this role.

It was a fly ball, that he jumped, landed, then it hit him in the melon. It was catchable. Bobby blows the save yes, and he sucked today yes. But prancer cant catch.