White Sox vs. A's , 4/10/07 (L)

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 12:08 AM)
Yeah, hyperbole like blaming Pods and Guillen for the loss instead of Bobby Jenks is much more preferable and politically-correct. Go ahead taking on everyone's favorite whipping boy, Pods. Who will you have to berate when he's gone besides Guillen?

I don't remember saying any of those things. Damn get on someone else because you're obviously not berating the correct poster. Calm the f*** down.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Wanne @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 12:06 AM)
You were on the Warren Commission too with the magic bullet. How does a fly ball hit a wall and drop straight down?!?

Umm...because there's rubber padding out there and Pods hit the wall at the same time, so the padding was pushed inwards, creating more of a downward trajectory for the ball when it hit. If it landed directly on his head, he would have been knocked out.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 12:10 AM)
It was close....it easily could have from the angle they showed on the close-up replay.

And FWIW, you rarely see players get hit in the head because major league players should be good enough to not let that happen.

It would explain why he jumped early too, if the ball did hit the wall.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 12:10 AM)
I don't remember saying any of those things. Damn get on someone else because you're obviously not berating the correct poster. Calm the f*** down.

When you say Anderson should be in or Pods can't throw or whatever, what exactly are you saying?

Let's see if Guillen adds upon his poor decisions and leaves out Podsednik against Kennedy tomorrow instead of shifting Erstad to LF. Anderson will play regardless (atleast according to previous comments by Ozzie), but I'm curious whether the coaches will attempt to ensure our leadoff hitters confidence remains.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 12:09 AM)
I honestly don't know if the ball hit the wall or not, Carey Sayers says it didn't but she doesn't mean much and from the 4 replays I've seen I don't think it did but I'm not ruling out the possibility that it did hit the wall.

The play at the plate bothers me more simply because Pods had NO chance do to his pathetic arm. Erstad would have atleast made it close. Playing shallow LF and getting to the ball the same time the runner hits the bag you should have a shot to throw him out.

I thought it hit off the wall first.

I don't know about Bobby's velocity. Pitchers velocity is usually down at the beginning of the year, and the WGN gun might be a few mph off. I do hate how he throws that pathetic slider when he has a great curve.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 01:10 AM)
Umm...because there's rubber padding out there and Pods hit the wall at the same time, so the padding was pushed inwards, creating more of a downward trajectory for the ball when it hit. If it landed directly on his head, he would have been knocked out.

Are you f***ing serious? I mean, are you dead f***ing serious?

And I can recall a few guys taking flyballs off the head, and none were knocked out.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 12:10 AM)

Jose Canseco.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 12:12 AM)

I don't know about Bobby's velocity. Pitchers velocity is usually down at the beginning of the year, and the WGN gun might be a few mph off. I do hate how he throws that pathetic slider when he has a great curve.

Nobody is addressing the real issue, and that's the fact that Jenks hasn't been the same pitcher since June of 2006, and, even then, his velocity was down 2 MPH from where it was for most of 2005?

He's going to be better than Koch if he can get ahead, because his offspeed stuff can be effective, but he's going to get hammered because his fastball has less movement on it than Brandon McCarthy's these days.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 12:11 AM)
When you say Anderson should be in or Pods can't throw or whatever, what exactly are you saying?

Exactly that. s***, is it really that outlandish to want the superior defensive player in the game? It just bugs me because Ozzie said before the season started that BA would be used late in games as a defensive replacement and Oz hasn't done it once. And Pods can't throw, are you really going to argue that point?

It's funny because I had a discussion about this just this morning. Same damn subject comes up 12 hours earlier. I'm not going to blame Ozzie for this one because Jenks should be able to get hitters out but the defensive alignment used by Oz in the 9th was just all wrong and I first guessed him on this one.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 12:14 AM)
Nobody is addressing the real issue, and that's the fact that Jenks hasn't been the same pitcher since June of 2006, and, even then, his velocity was down 2 MPH from where it was for most of 2005?

He's going to be better than Koch if he can get ahead, because his offspeed stuff can be effective, but he's going to get hammered because his fastball has less movement on it than Brandon McCarthy's these days.

I said all this before the season even started. Go back and read that why don't you. There isn't much of a discussion behind that subject though, what do you want to debate about it?

Poster 1: Jenks is bad

Poster 2: Yeah, no s***.

Poster 1: Cool.

Poster 3: I concur.

FUN!!!!

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 12:10 AM)

BWWWAHAHAAAAA....lemme guess. You have tape on the bridge of your glasses?!? Let's get out the 3DBB Mr Wizard! That Bill Nyeish description was great!

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 12:13 AM)
Are you f***ing serious? I mean, are you dead f***ing serious?

And I can recall a few guys taking flyballs off the head, and none were knocked out.

There's NO WAY IN HELL the ball didn't hit the wall first. The replays will confirm it.

It bounced off his head on the rebound. And Canseco is a huge guy, Pods isn't.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 12:16 AM)
I said all this before the season even started. Go back and read that why don't you. There isn't much of a discussion behind that subject though, what do you want to debate about it?

Poster 1: Jenks is bad

Poster 2: Yeah, no s***.

Poster 1: Cool.

Poster 3: I concur.

FUN!!!!

So it's easier to blame the loss on Pods and Guillen because discussing the elephant in the room would be boring?

It seems there are a lot more posters here blaming both of them than Jenks. Now why is that?

Lets put our hands together for your Chicago Whitesox offense. Starting the game at .235, dropping like a rock. 3 hits against Guaudin. Thats pretty much Gabbard territory. But we happened to face this guy before.

When o when with our O show up.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 05:12 AM)

Just like AJP's bat speed, it was down almost the entire 2nd half of last season. I really wonder what strength program we have with our pitchers, as almost every pitcher seems to have their velocity go down with us.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 12:18 AM)
So it's easier to blame the loss on Pods and Guillen because discussing the elephant in the room would be boring?

It seems there are a lot more posters here blaming both of them than Jenks. Now why is that?

I'm not going to speak for them, you should really ask them yourself. Jenks f***ed up as did Pods and Ozzie. They deserve equal blame in my book. 33% each.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 05:19 AM)
Lets put our hands together for your Chicago Whitesox offense. Starting the game at .235, dropping like a rock. 3 hits against Guaudin. Thats pretty much Gabbard territory. But we happened to face this guy before.

When o when with our O show up.

You're the offensive stats guy: how many hits have we averaged vs starting pitchers this year?

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 01:16 AM)
There's NO WAY IN HELL the ball didn't hit the wall first. The replays will confirm it.

It bounced off his head on the rebound. And Canseco is a huge guy, Pods isn't.

Does Canseco have a more muscular "top of head" than Pods? Is it more boney?

I've seen pre-teen kids get hit in the melon with baseballs and have it hardly phase them.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 12:18 AM)

Jenks sucked. And take a look at my tag. His largeness needs to find his fastball.

Anderson, why is he on this team.

Our offense blows donkey balls right now.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 05:11 AM)
Let's see if Guillen adds upon his poor decisions and leaves out Podsednik against Kennedy tomorrow instead of shifting Erstad to LF. Anderson will play regardless (atleast according to previous comments by Ozzie), but I'm curious whether the coaches will attempt to ensure our leadoff hitters confidence remains.

Lineup should be: Ozuna/Iguchi/Konerko/Thome/Dye/Crede/Anderson/Molina/Uribe