2007 White Sox Catch-All Thread

greasywheels121

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 23, 2007 -> 06:29 PM)
Dodgers, Mets, and Red Sox scouts have been following the Sox.

Dodgers - Dye, Mets - Buehrle, Red Sox - Buehrle...

those are the players I have to believe that those teams have been scouting.

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jun 23, 2007 -> 11:31 PM)
Dodgers - Dye, Mets - Buehrle, Red Sox - Buehrle...

those are the players I have to believe that those teams have been scouting.

Billingsley/Either; Milledge/Pelfrey; Ellsbury/Bowden

These are the types of players we need to be targeting.

What fathom is saying is, he knows specifically that those guys have been FOLLOWING the Sox. Not scouting here and there, but FOLLOWING.

You know that those guys you mentioned are there SPECIFICALLY?

(I'm just asking. Not berating. I clear that up only because I don't want to give a bad impression with the caps. They're just EMPHASIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

QUOTE(29thandPoplar @ Jun 23, 2007 -> 11:32 PM)
There are all sorts of scouts following the White Sox. Add in Seattle, St. Louis, and Milwaukee. Lots of teams, in addition to those listed above and these there are prob. more.

I don't know who the Brewers would be targeting. They have better players at every position. Maybe they're interested in Thornton?

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 23, 2007 -> 11:35 PM)
What fathom is saying is, he knows specifically that those guys have been FOLLOWING the Sox. Not scouting here and there, but FOLLOWING.

You know that those guys you mentioned are there SPECIFICALLY?

(I'm just asking. Not berating. I clear that up only because I don't want to give a bad impression with the caps. They're just EMPHASIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Chicagosports.com was reporting the three teams that I mentioned.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 23, 2007 -> 06:34 PM)
Billingsley/Either; Milledge/Pelfrey; Ellsbury/Bowden

These are the types of players we need to be targeting.

agreed. would be nice if we could get a MLB ready, or at least soon-to-be, SS out of any trade we make. Ellsbury would be great... finally have, hopefully, a good leadoff man for many years to come.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 23, 2007 -> 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know who the Brewers would be targeting. They have better players at every position. Maybe they're interested in Thornton?

They're looking at bullpen and anything else that might help. Not to mention they're always interested in monitoring the Cubs.

Bottom line is, there are all the contenders out there monitoring the also rans. The Sox have guys available as everyone knows. Whether they'll be moved or not depends on what they'll pony up in trade. Williams has been rather clear, it needs to be somebody who can help in the near future, 2008 I suspect at this point.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 04:33 AM)
Hopefully KW was watching Baseball Tonight just now. They pretty much pinned the Sox as the worst team in the MLB.

Rightfully so. We're only 2.5 games ahead of the Royals right now and falling... THE ROYALS!!! Never in a million years would I have imagined we'd be as bad as the Royals this year.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Jun 23, 2007 -> 11:37 PM)
Rightfully so. We're only 2 games ahead of the Royals right now and falling... THE ROYALS!!! Never in a million years would I have imagined we'd be as bad as the Royals this year.

We'll be in last place soon. I give it 2 weeks tops. Even that might be a lot.

Andy Gonzalez - OF Jun. 24 - 5:32 pm et

Andy Gonzalez went 0-for-4 while making a second straight start as the White Sox's right fielder and No. 2 hitter on Sunday.

GM Ken Williams was steamed before Sunday's game, promising changes, so we can just imagine how upset he is now that they were shut out by a rookie. Gonzalez, a middle infielder in his minor league career and not a very good one, is a joke as more than an emergency option in a corner outfield spot for a major league team. The White Sox should send him down to call up Ryan Sweeney even if they're not going to put Jermaine Dye on the DL.