2007 White Sox Catch-All Thread

greasywheels121

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 10, 2007 -> 10:14 PM)
I don't think Thome's going to hit number five hundred this year.

There's almost 4 to go. I really think it all depends upon health.

Seeing as how it does depend upon health, it's probably like 50/50 he does.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 09:15 PM)
Dear Toby Hall,

Stop playing. There's no reason to sacrifice yourself this year. Go get your surgery.

This is a real good idea. There is no reason to have Hall out there. Get his Labrum repaired and reload for next year.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 10:43 PM)
This is a real good idea. There is no reason to have Hall out there. Get his Labrum repaired and reload for next year.

Unless he has a problem they won't do it.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6916072...P&GT1=10136

Read this KW.

Chicago White Sox

Status: Dead The division is too tough, and the offense is too bad. Despite playing in a great hitter's park, the White Sox rank last in the AL in runs scored per game. The time to rebuild has arrived.

A lot of people thought I was sending people to winter ball just because it was the team I play for,'' Guillen said. ''I couldn't care less. I worry about the White Sox. But why Latin players right now have more of an advantage than American players is because when they're done here, they play winter league.

All sox players should strive to be latin.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 14, 2007 -> 10:58 AM)
That's not what he's saying. Maybe you should try again, both of you.

A lot of Latin players come back in better shape from playing in winter leagues instead of relaxing in the offseason. That's all he's saying.

But WHAT IF HE WEREN'T?!

Actually he states that they need more ABs and that is why Winter ball is so good. However the irony of this, is that Josh Fields should get all the ABs at 3rd base to maximize his development at the major league level, and the first thing Ozzie says is that if he doesnt hit Mack and Gonzales will take over. You cant have it both ways.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 14, 2007 -> 03:58 PM)
That's not what he's saying. Maybe you should try again, both of you.

A lot of Latin players come back in better shape from playing in winter leagues instead of relaxing in the offseason. That's all he's saying.

But WHAT IF HE WEREN'T?!

Is there more to this quote than what ssi posted? If so, then I might take back my comment about Ozzie being an idiot with this situation (of course, I still think he's an idiot).

The Interpretation to the quote of "All sox players should strive to be latin." is one of the craziest interpretations I've ever read.

You can't complain about Fields + 3B until something actually happens.

Also: "maximizing their ABs at the ML level" isn't always the best way to develop a struggling player. Fields' swing is going to make it hard for him to catch up to anything, and if he keeps going 0-4 at some point it becomes more important that he go down and work on his swing before he starts to think, "I'll never hit major league pitching."

But I guess all players should strive to be Latin! is the last word.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 14, 2007 -> 11:09 AM)
The Interpretation to the quote of "All sox players should strive to be latin." is one of the craziest interpretations I've ever read.

You can't complain about Fields + 3B until something actually happens.

Also: "maximizing their ABs at the ML level" isn't always the best way to develop a struggling player. Fields' swing is going to make it hard for him to catch up to anything, and if he keeps going 0-4 at some point it becomes more important that he go down and work on his swing before he starts to think, "I'll never hit major league pitching."

But I guess all players should strive to be Latin! is the last word.

My comment my tounge and cheek. Next time I will put it in green so cub fans such as yourself can take it with a grain of salt.

He hit over 300 in the IL last year. How much more polish does Fields need at the AAA level. He is what he is. Its time to see if he can hack it at this level, and that involves a long hard look at the kid. See if they can fix the holes in his swing, and see if he can adjust. The quotes about Mack and Gonzales getting more time at third were Ozzies.