2007 White Sox Catch-All Thread

greasywheels121

My Cub fan buddy has this in his profile. When was this said?

"You look at Darin Erstad, and you don't see the best hitter in the game. You don't see the best centerfielder. You don't see the best first baseman. But put it all together, and he's one of the best baseball players you'll ever see." - Darrin Jackson

:chair :huh:

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buster Olney on his insider blog was talking about the CF free agents after this season. He was mentioning that very few of the teams that like to spend money will be looking to do so on CFers. Cameron, Ichiro, Hunter and Jones are the 4 big ones. He figures Cameron will get a lot of interest because he will be the cheapest. He thinks he will go to Atlanta. He thinks Texas with sign Hunter, who is from around there. He thinks Jones will sign with Seattle and Ichiro with the White Sox. I don't know if he's ever been right, and its a long time between now and the end of the season, but this looks like a pretty good scenerio to me.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 26, 2007 -> 09:58 AM)
Buster Olney on his insider blog was talking about the CF free agents after this season. He was mentioning that very few of the teams that like to spend money will be looking to do so on CFers. Cameron, Ichiro, Hunter and Jones are the 4 big ones. He figures Cameron will get a lot of interest because he will be the cheapest. He thinks he will go to Atlanta. He thinks Texas with sign Hunter, who is from around there. He thinks Jones will sign with Seattle and Ichiro with the White Sox. I don't know if he's ever been right, and its a long time between now and the end of the season, but this looks like a pretty good scenerio to me.

I'll allow it.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 26, 2007 -> 07:58 AM)

better sign Iguchi to sweeten the saki

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 26, 2007 -> 09:58 AM)

sounds like a good deal to me...

Edited by BearSox

i was watchin the clinching game of the 2005 white sox vs red sox ALDS today, and they said when konerko lived in rhode island, his last 4 numbers of his phone number were 1 9 1 7. pretty strange i must say...

Edited by briguy27

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 29, 2007 -> 12:32 AM)
Haha...boy did I f*** up this week's podcast. Heads/Dan, you don't even want to know what happened.

Oh, you better tell me. That was nearly 2 hours of gold.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 30, 2007 -> 04:33 AM)
Why isnt this f***er on the DL getting better, instead of being up and hitting like he cant hit.

Give him 15 days and lets see if his finger gets better.

There's an excuse for everyone. Like you said, if they can't play at a major league level, then send their ass to the DL or minors.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(RME JICO @ May 30, 2007 -> 03:45 PM)
Craig Wilson 1-8, 5 K's in his first two games in Charlotte. Not looking good.

I liked the signing initially, but I heard some horror stories about Craig Wilson's swing last night coming from the Braves AAA scout.

Jesus Colome for Washington is having a great year out of their pen and could be had for a small price, I bet.

I liked his potential with TB and saw that he was quoted that he developed a good change that he throws for strikes along with his slider.

Saw him pitch the other night and was damn impressive.

QUOTE(RME JICO @ May 30, 2007 -> 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Craig Wilson 1-8, 5 K's in his first two games in Charlotte. Not looking good.

They are looking to see if he can play the OF as well as get his swing back. He is in RF tonight. Two walks in three plate appearances so far. Don't ask what the Charlotte pitchers are doing, it is bad.

Wilson will probably get 30 days to see what he can do although if he wants to stay there in Charlotte it's not as if he's blocking anybody. Meanwhile Owens continues to do well which I'm sure will be mentioned on the minor league board.