White Sox vs. Indians, 4/14/07 (L)

ShoeLessRob

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 12:52 PM)
It's sad when I wish our team had a hitter like Ryan Garko.

I wish we had an offense that didn't think it was best to overswing and try and hit homer, rather then taking nice short swings, and hitting linedrives to center or oppo.

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Danks is fortunate its not a nice 70-80 degree day when the ball is really carrying. His key to survival will be how he does after there's solid reports on him and hitters have seen him a few times. I hope he becomes unhittable, but I really think he'll be a Knight in the next month or so.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 12:49 PM)
I agree DA, its not that I mind grindErstad being on the team for what he makes salary-wise, but whats the point of him playing everyday, when BA could put the same numbers up, play better defense, and get the work he needs if hes ever going to develop a better approach at the plate.

You have to play him everyday so that he can accumulate 600 PA and automatically cost us $6M next year.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 12:48 PM)
Yeah, I think Danks will be a solid starter for us for a good number of years. However, his command is not even close to being MLB ready. He'd break the MLB record for homers allowed if he last the whole year. I'm still waiting to see his fastball get over 90 mph like we were told it would. I wonder if they'll teach him a 2-seamer.

It's crazy that Danks will probably have another decent start this game (I'm banking) and he's will not quite ready yet. (that alone is amazing) Alot of pitchers have been rushed and some succeed. Danks alone is the best 5th starter we've had for a long time already. It wasn't even a question whose better between him and Floyd.

As for his fastball, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he's pitched both his starts in 35+ degree weather which is pretty hard to throw heat in. But if he doesn't go over 90 in warmer weather then yea.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 12:51 PM)
I wouldnt say BA would play better defense at this point. I think Erstad is getting the best jumps ive seen in a long time, and i think that hes playing almost GG caliber defense. I dont know if BA is any better at this point, in fact i dont think he is.

He's still not at full speed, he's having trouble moving to his right into the short left center field gap. Other than that though he's been good but honestly, after that play he made in game 2 of the year I'm not ready to call him anything but above average.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 12:51 PM)
Perhaps if Erstad had earned his job or didn't have a history of sucking (unlike Dye) I wouldn't have as much of a problem with it.

And please never compare Erstad to Dye again.

seriously '00 was nearly a decade ago.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 05:54 PM)
It's crazy that Danks will probably have another decent start this game (I'm banking) and he's will not quite ready yet. (that alone is amazing) Alot of pitchers have been rushed and some succeed. Danks alone is the best 5th starter we've had for a long time already. It wasn't even a question whose better between him and Floyd.

As for his fastball, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he's pitched both his starts in 35+ degree weather which is pretty hard to throw heat in. But if he doesn't go over 90 in warmer weather then yea.

i remember el duque being pretty good for 2 months. Then the collapse.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 12:53 PM)
I agree....Brian Anderson's defense is severely overrated. I'm more interested in seeing if he could provide any offense. Hell, at this point, I'd rather have Thome bat 2nd, and Uribe 3rd.

Can we stop agreeing on s*** one of these days?

BA needs to be playing everyday at AAA to develop the jumps that Erstad is showing. Plus he could develop his offense instead of striking out 3 times a week.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 05:54 PM)

I'll take McCarthy from 2005 as the best 5th starter. And I think that Vazquez as a 5th starter last year put up better numbers than anyone we can have for the entire year.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 12:56 PM)
Can we stop agreeing on s*** one of these days?

BA needs to be playing everyday at AAA to develop the jumps that Erstad is showing. Plus he could develop his offense instead of striking out 3 times a week.

Anderson can become a beastly defensive CF with some more experience...

and what the hell is DJ talking about?

PK just missed it.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 12:57 PM)
I'll take McCarthy from 2005 as the best 5th starter.

My mistake. Probably should have said from his debut alone as a rookie. BMac was outstanding in 05 as a starter even though Ozzie took a dump every time he pitched which is obvious why he missed his starts.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE(beautox @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 12:59 PM)
lol yeah, his stories are pretty good, and don't involve batting gloves or yaz.

I love Hawk too, but DJ just brings a different style in the booth I like even though IMO Black Jack pwns all.