White Sox vs. Indians, 4/14/07 (L)

ShoeLessRob

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 12:48 PM)
Yeah, I think Danks will be a solid starter for us for a good number of years. However, his command is not even close to being MLB ready. He'd break the MLB record for homers allowed if he last the whole year. I'm still waiting to see his fastball get over 90 mph like we were told it would. I wonder if they'll teach him a 2-seamer.

I'm still waiting for Jenks to get to 95. These guns are all inconsistent. Danks has been 87-92 all season. It's early.

Think how long we had to wait for Jon Garland to become a better than average MLB pitcher.

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 05:48 PM)
There were quite a few who wanted to give up on Jermaine Dye in April/May of 2005.

Those people were idiots. We had no suitable replacements...and I think they just liked calling him Dead.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 12:49 PM)
I agree DA, its not that I mind grindErstad being on the team for what he makes salary-wise, but whats the point of him playing everyday, when BA could put the same numbers up, play better defense, and get the work he needs if hes ever going to develop a better approach at the plate.

I wouldnt say BA would play better defense at this point. I think Erstad is getting the best jumps ive seen in a long time, and i think that hes playing almost GG caliber defense. I dont know if BA is any better at this point, in fact i dont think he is.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 12:48 PM)
There were quite a few who wanted to give up on Jermaine Dye in April/May of 2005.

Perhaps if Erstad had earned his job or didn't have a history of sucking (unlike Dye) I wouldn't have as much of a problem with it.

And please never compare Erstad to Dye again.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 05:51 PM)
I wouldnt say BA would play better defense at this point. I think Erstad is getting the best jumps ive seen in a long time, and i think that hes playing almost GG caliber defense. I dont know if BA is any better at this point, in fact i dont think he is.

I agree....Brian Anderson's defense is severely overrated. I'm more interested in seeing if he could provide any offense. Hell, at this point, I'd rather have Thome bat 2nd, and Uribe 3rd.